Interesting article on Chemo Brain.

AllyJay
AllyJay Member Posts: 942
This was shared to me and made very interesting reading. Being told that "chemo brain" was vastly exaggerated by patients, and that if at all it existed, it would soon resolve after active chemo, is put in perspective. My brain certainly doesn't have a clue as to what my oncologist states, it still stays badly affected. True, not as severe as before, but two years later, still stuffed. Interestingly, the brain MRI scans that I had both before and after the aneurysm clamping showed micro calcifications in the white matter of my brain. Scared the living shit out of me, as my first thought was early onset dementia. Might still be that (vascular), but who knows?https://www.myelomacrowd.org/what-is-chemo-brain/?fbclid=IwAR0wg13Iwaq_eGW7NRJ-0QyEZ7wqKtD40X5vqisHEeB7h1D_mgRwclLIIKI

Comments

• pammiesyd
    pammiesyd Member Posts: 69
    How true. I am 7 years post chemo, and my brain function has decreased significantly. When I asked my surgical oncologist about it, he answered that it was just an age thing. I am 70, so he might be right, but maybe not.
  • Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,352
    I hate that 'ageing' stuff. Thankfully I haven't had any brain function problem but even my excellent oncologist skirted around the ageing thing when I encountered significant vaginal atrophy. I wasn't convinced then that you could age that rapidly in 6 months, coincidentally exactly the time on letrozole, and I am still not convinced, although I will accept that the intervening 6 years haven't helped. Anyway lots of people at 70 or older as sharp as a tack! So maybe not. 
  • lrb_03
    lrb_03 Member Posts: 1,267
    I'd love to comment, but it will take me a few goes to get through the whole article, and take it all in  :#