Cancerversary

Hendrix
Hendrix Member Posts: 322
edited February 2019 in General discussion
Hello Lovelies...cancerversary today...mammogram and ultrasound done and probably paranoid...for those that cancer come back, were you told on the day of scans or your scheduled appointment. TIA xx
Tagged:

Comments

• Blossom1961
    Blossom1961 Member Posts: 2,362
    Hi @Hendrix My Breast clinic does a biopsy immediately if they find anything iffy. So for me, no biopsy usually means all clear.
  • Annie C
    Annie C Member Posts: 849
    Hello @Hendrix
    Same for me.

Mammogram and ultrasound all at same visit. Anything 'suss' then it's an immediate biopsy, however I think it may be a little different for me as I am very remote, living some
    2,300 kms from the clinic and my appointments involve a 3 hour drive to the airport, a 2 1/2 hour flight  and a week away from home.

My very best wishes to you on a good result.

Warm Kimberley wishes to you 
    Annie

• Hendrix
    @Annie C wow 2,300 kms! Thank you for your best wishes xx
  • Annie C
    @Hendrix
    Well, I chose to live where I live. Some people even come for holidays! And I live here!

It has its advantages.  Fresh air, no crowds, know nearly everyone in town and 6 cars outside the post office is a traffic jam.

The only downside is that I find the travelling becoming tiring (and somewhat expensive on an age pension), however I will make a decision when I can no longer do it.

• Hendrix
    @Annie C sounds lovely and peaceful 
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Hope it went well @hendrix.
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,542
    Hope it went well @hendrix

@Annie C I did enjoy visiting your area many years ago and look forward to it again!  Anywhere we live has its pros and cons but it sounds like the pros outweigh the cons

Take care

• Annie C
    @iserbrown
    Any time you are up this way, the billy is always brewing. 

The cons are at this stage outweighed by the pros.
    So it is more than likely we will be here for some time.
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,542
    Thank you
    Look forward to it!

• arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,523
    @Hendrix  - have you had your results back yet?  All the best xxx

• Hendrix
    @arpie no I won’t find out until appointment with surgeon 5th March 🙁 I did ring breast care nurse...she said it all looked fine but still see surgeon. Are they allowed to give us the results? 
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    I got my results on the same day but spoke to the doctor reviewing the screens.  But that was after they called me back in for a further ultrasound and knew that I was thinking the worst.  I had my appointment with the surgeon the following day.
  • Hendrix
    @Sister the only thing that concerns me is I had the 3D mammogram with the contrast and was told with the 3D I wouldn’t need an ultra sound and then I was told I’d need one and so I’m over thinking it lol 
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,523
    I make sure I have an ultrasound now, @Hendrix  as I don't trust just having a Mammogram - even the 3D ones  (dense breast tissue doesn't show up tumours on mammograms - tho the 3D are better than the Breastscreen ones) .... so try not to over think it - I call it insurance - I'd rather have both scans done than just the one.

The breast care nurse from the Port Macquarie Cancer Centre gave me my results over the phone (nothing to worry about) and I then had the report printed out by my GP.  Try not to overthink it ... tho the waiting really IS the pits  :(

take care & all the best xxxx
  • Hendrix
    Thanks @arpie Yes the waiting is the pits..ugh!! 😊