supportive friend

danielle ghilardi
danielle ghilardi Member Posts: 204

I have a friend who is having breast enlargement surgery today. I think she is very silly and it has made me think about young women and there attitude towards body perfection.

Before i had my mastectomies i used to always wear a push up bra and revealing clothes. I proudly wore a bikini to the beach, i loved my body.

I have now had my reconstruction and gone a little larger and i have found that i wear baggy clothes a bra hurts and there is no way i will be wearing a bikini to the beach.

I donot know why some women think that bigger boobs are going to make them happier. Happiness comes from within, its not your hair or your boobs its who you are that makes you, you.

I now have to be a supportive friend and not mention any of the above as i realise its her decision, not mine.

So i am going to go and do what a good friend does and buy her a ahh bra and some magazines.

Tagged:

Comments

• Smiley_30
    Smiley_30 Member Posts: 83
    edited March 2015

This is so true!! Some people (men included) are way to much about body image/looks!!

I guess when you experience anything i life that is HUGE and out of your control you just view and take things in so differently. We become so different.

I think teaching our young kids that there is more to a person than looks is important, epsecially in this day/age (OK now im sounding way to old lol).

You are a FANTASTIC friend for supporting her choices. Im sure not an easy one to make either..

xx

• danielle ghilardi
    edited March 2015

yes it has proven very difficult to keep quiet but at the end of the day its her decision. I am kind of glad that i was diagnosed earlier in my life because i have gained a deeper perspective and i have found happiness within myself.

I donot think you sound old, maybe just wise from your experiences xx

• danielle ghilardi
    edited March 2015

yes it has proven very difficult to keep quiet but at the end of the day its her decision. I am kind of glad that i was diagnosed earlier in my life because i have gained a deeper perspective and i have found happiness within myself.

I donot think you sound old, maybe just wise from your experiences xx