Split nails

Blossom1961
Blossom1961 Member Posts: 2,362
edited October 2018 in Health and wellbeing
As a teenager my mum always told me that gelatin prevented split nails. Used it as a remedy a couple times over the past years but not being a jelly lover I usually gave up. Thought I would try it for chemo split nails but wasn't expecting much. One week later my nails have stopped splitting. Not sure if this is an old wife tale and my nails decided to do a reverse turn on my their own but have decided to keep jelly in my diet for the next couple of weeks anyway. Will keep you posted.

Comments

• arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,524
    hmmmm, I may have to give this a go, @Blossom1961 - my nails have never been particularly 'hard' - but in the last month, just playing my ukulele has busted them off down to my fingertip (and they were never particularly long beforehand either!)

I am wondering if my tablet is somehow causing them to splinter more readily - as I've had 8 years of uke strumming without a problem!  4 months of AIs & they are splitting & ripping off!  :(  

Earlier, I tried Hard As Nails but it didn't seem to help much.  I even put some false nails on my strumming fingernails - but one went flying off, never to be seen again, during a song - so won't do that again!   LOL  And the glue isn't good for the original nail, either!  :( 

So you just eat jelly to get your 'dose'?  It isn't painted on the nails & soaked in?  (I hope that isn't a silly question!)
  • Blossom1961
    Blossom1961 Member Posts: 2,362
    I just made up a batch as normal according to the instructions and ate it over four days, then did a new lot. No dipping my fingers in but if you decide you don't like it I am sure it would be fun to have a food fight with.