BC and Blasticystis Hominis

Options
Csiga
Csiga Member Posts: 6
Hi Everyone,
I was just wondering if anyone has had experience with a stomach parasite know as Blasticystis Hominis.  I contracted this parasite from rain water some years ago and have had recurring problems.  Everything else seems to have been annihilated by chemo except this, which has flared up again only a few weeks after my chemo finished.
Thanks.

Comments

• Finch
    Finch Member Posts: 302
    Options
    I've never heard of it Csiga , did you get it from tank water.? Hope you get it sorted soon. Take care xxx
  • Csiga
    Options
    Hi Finch, yes I got it from tankwater. We visited someone few years ago who didn’t have a proper filter on their tank. I have tried so many types of antibiotics already. I thought chemo would get rid of it.
    I am going to see my GP tomorrow. 
  • Doin'it
    Doin'it Member Posts: 377
    Options
    @Csiga I haven’t heard of it either & I was brought up on tank water with no filter. Hope you can get rid of it. Sounds horrid & the last thing you need!!! Good luck at GP tomoz 
  • Csiga
    Options
    Thanks JenniA! I don’t really need these bugs having a ball in my tummy at the moment. I moved here from Hungary and never had rainwater before. A nurse said once that my gut flora is probably very different from people who grew up here so my body is not used to these bugs and can’t get rid of them.
  • primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    Options
    Hopefully once your immune system recovers the symptoms settle. 
  • Doin'it
    Doin'it Member Posts: 377
    Options
    @Csiga good luck at your GP today. Keep in touch & let us know how you get on x
  • Csiga
    Options
    Hi Lovely Ladies, 
    I need to be on antibiotics for 5 days. I haven’t used this one yet, it called resprim forte.Each tablet contains trimethoprim and sulfamethoxazole.After taking 2 tablets my tummy already settled a bit. Hopefully this time we can get rid of the bugs.
  • Csiga
    Options
    Thank you so much for your support!