Article in Hearld Sun

Options
Stork
Stork Member Posts: 121
Hi In the today’s paper dated 11th August there is a story about Kate Murray very good article abound her family and her own battle with Breast Cancer
Kate mentioned the BCNA online Network and how it is informative and supportive in our battle with the beast Breast Cancer.

Comments

• SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,445
    Options
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,552
    Options
    @Stork

Thanks for putting up this article.  It is also featured in the post called
    https://onlinenetwork.bcna.org.au/discussion/19405/our-lovely-katie-girl-hits-the-headlines#latest

Take care 
    Are you attending tomorrow to the Field of Women? 
  • Stork
    Stork Member Posts: 121
    Options
    @iserbrown hello I had a “seniors moment” this morning I did not know kmakm was the pseudonym for Kate
    I will be there In spirit unfortunately not in person,  my mother is in hospital.
    Regards Stork
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    Hi Stork. I'm so sorry to hear your mum is in the hospital. I hope she's doing OK and that you're looking after yourself.

I was very touched that you saw my article and thought it would be good to share hear. That's not a senior moment at all! Kate is a very common name and I don't use it all the time here.

Take care, Kate xox
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,552
    Options
    @Stork
    Sorry to read your Mum is unwell. Taking care of Mum is a wonderful thing to do.
    I will be thinking of everyone today
    Take care of yourself as well as
    Hugs
  • Ellamary98
    Ellamary98 Member Posts: 157
    Options
    So beautifully written, @kmakm. I hope you have a fabulous day today. The sun is shining on us!!
  • lgray3911
    lgray3911 Member Posts: 207
    Options
    @kmakm how funny! We have a friend in common. Wendy Hargreaves and she posted your article on Facebook and I responded to it and she was trying to hook us up and have just realised it’s you!! Small world! Great article xx
  • kmakm
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Thank you so much @Ellamary98  :)  I did indeed have a fabulous day! K xox
  • kmakm
    Options
    @lgray3911 Ah HA! The mutual friend Wendy and I have told me yesterday that Wendy was trying to hook me up with another BC friend. It's you! Small world indeed.

I took Wendy to India a few years ago. And strangely enough she has a small part in my BC story. I was with her when my sister rang me with the news that her breast cancer had returned and that she was now terminally ill. Wendy was very sensitive in her response and I've always been grateful to her for that.

I'm not currently on the Book of Face, but I'm starting to think about it from the point of using it for some BC advocacy. K xox
  • Bettyboo
    Bettyboo Member Posts: 33
    Options
    @kmakm - I had read this amazing article before I came onto this site and it brought tears to my eyes, a beautiful story.
  • kmakm
    Options
    Thank you very much @Bettyboo (great handle by the way!), that is kind of you to say. K xox