Mums with young children

JenpriJenpri Member Posts: 11
Hi there. Just wanting to connect with other mums with young children. I’m 41, with 3 girls - 8, 4 and 2. I’ve finished chemo and just had a mastectomy. About to start radio. It’s been a tough journey. I’m hopeful but nervous about the future. Especially for my girls. Would love to chat with others and get some tips on how you manage it all

Comments

• MaryB83MaryB83 Member Posts: 45
    Hi. I'm 35 and mum to 2 boys and a girl- aged 8, 6 and 3. I'm half way through my chemo which will be followed by double mastectomy and radiation.
  • JenpriJenpri Member Posts: 11
    Hi MaryB83. Thanks for replying. I’m in Sydney. How about you? How is the chemo? Do you have support? Lots of love and hugs to you xxx
  • jane84jane84 Member Posts: 63
    Hi ladies I'm 34 three children 11,9 and 4.  Been through chemo, surgery and currently receiving rads.  I'm from Brisbane.  Anyone else in qld?? 
    Ps has any else heard of mummy's wish?? Ladies check out this organisation they are an amazing resource for mums going through breast cancer www.mummyswish.org.au 
  • GigiinbrisGigiinbris Member Posts: 1
    Hi Jane84, I am in Brisbane. Just diagnosed this week - waiting for referral appointment, I'm 46 with a gorgeous 4 year old. Can I ask where you have been having your treatment?
  • JongJong Member Posts: 1
    HI, Jane 84,I am from QLD, I am 36 yrs old.I have two kids 14  and 12.Was diagnosed in June,had my mastectomy last week,having the dissection of lymph glands next Monday.
  • JoeyLizJoeyLiz Member Posts: 309
    Hi there,
    I'm 32,  a radiation therapist in Hobart, with a 3 year old. Diagnosed last sep, had neoadvujant chemo, lumpectomy and sentinal node biopsy and currently halfway through radiation.

I have found being completely honest and open with my daughter  despite her young age and she understands better why mummy doesn't feel like playing or cant pick her up etc.

Best wishes for the rest of your treatment xx
  • JoeyLizJoeyLiz Member Posts: 309
    @jane84 I just checked out the mummy's wish page, I wish I had of known about it earlier in my 'journey'!
    @JoeyLiz how amazing are they!!? 
  • CabCab Member Posts: 14
    Hi all. I am 36 from sydney with a 4 year old and 8 year old.  Just about to start treatment.  I am in the blue mountains. 
    Hello @Cab!! Nice to meet you! How are you coping so far? Jane
  • CabCab Member Posts: 14
    Hi @jane84. Not great. Lol.  Have spoken to some people at bcna etc.  Its just a lot of info.  Triple positive and gene testing so a lot of info. Lol
  • Shamrock81Shamrock81 Member Posts: 8
    Hi mums
    Im mum to 3 boys, 4,2 and 7 months. I was diagnosed during pregnancy and started chemo, then radio and now Surgery. I’m finding this stage the hardest as I’m so immobile and the kids are still so hands on. For those who have had surgery how long after was it before you could lift? I can’t even get baby out of the cot I’m extremely frustrated 
  • Giovanna_BCNAGiovanna_BCNA Administrator, Staff, Member, Moderator Posts: 1,144
    Hello @Shamrock81
    Welcome to the online forum.  I am sorry to hear that you are feeling frustrated, it must be very difficult caring for  3 young boys after your breast surgery.  I have tagged @jane84 who will be able to respond to your request.  Dont hesitate to call our helpline on 1800 500 258 if you would like to speak with a cancer nurse for information and support.  Wishing you all the best