You lost me at...

Options
Hendrix
Hendrix Member Posts: 324
edited April 2018 in Health and wellbeing
So I was talking to a modere consultant in regards to starting their detox/diet program.  
Giving her some background details on myself as soon as I said “breast cancer” she then asks me if I had chemo...you know I had ovarian cancer 21 years and didn’t have chemo I refused I healed myself after 2.5 years, she informs me...what can I say the conversation went down hill from there.  

And I won’t be starting the modere program!! Lol 

Why do people always think every cancer is the same just cause they had it.  And what treatment they chose everyone should...grrrr
Tagged:

Comments

• Romla
    Romla Member Posts: 2,092
    Options
    A cancer diagnosis as we know changes people.Some become zealots as they feel they have taken back control after being in a situation which they felt out of control. Sadly they tend to look for disciples.Whilst I am open to different points of view I make my own choices.
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    Oh dear... How unfortunate. Hope you're feeling OK. I've had a couple of similar conversations and have found them rather bruising.
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    You can never find a compromise in these situations, unfortunately. And no zealot will ever believe that they just got lucky.
  • Hendrix
    Hendrix Member Posts: 324
    Options
    It drives me batty...almost like a religion they try and shove it down your throat! I’m very open to listening to people’s journey, there interesting, sad, inspirational and usually take something from it...but the minute they question my choices! Lol Nellie’s twin comes out...
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,552
    Options

Here's a link that I hope you will find more beneficial for you

http://www.healthyfoodguide.com.au/resources/dietitians-association-australia-daa
  • Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    Options
    That quote "Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants." Always strikes a chord with me. I can't do it (particularly the not too much bit) but it makes sense.