Miss nz's Journey

Options
missnz
missnz Member Posts: 3
edited August 2011 in Newly diagnosed

Hi Ladies,

I've Just recently been diagnosed with Breast Cancer, & Friday I had Surgery at the Calvary John James Hospital in Canberra, a mastectomy. Probably one of the scariest moments of my life...being taken down to surgery, but you will all know what I mean.

I have had my Lymph nodes removed also & are now waiting for the Pathology report which is due on Daffodil day. I know that I will have to have treatment, my only concern is that I also suffer from Epilepsy & I'm worried the two will clash.

I know that I have gotten through the first part of this journey & yeah some days are harder than others. I also know I am not alone, there are so many women out there just like me & together we will get through this.

BIG HUGS......Jeannie

Comments

• Di_BCNA
    Di_BCNA Member Posts: 896
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Jeannie.  Just wanted to say welcome to the site, and if you need a hand with finding your way around don't hesitate to ask.

Glad to hear you've made it through your surgery okay, and yes, there's a lot of women here who will understand exactly what you're feeling so feel free to jump in and participate anywhere you feel comfortable.  :)

~Di

• Di_BCNA
    Di_BCNA Member Posts: 896
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Jeannie.  Just wanted to say welcome to the site, and if you need a hand with finding your way around don't hesitate to ask.

Glad to hear you've made it through your surgery okay, and yes, there's a lot of women here who will understand exactly what you're feeling so feel free to jump in and participate anywhere you feel comfortable.  :)

~Di

• elisaw
    elisaw Member Posts: 8
    edited March 2015
    Options

I know what you are going through as i had the same operation in feb 2011 so am here for you if you need to ask anything.  Re your epilepsy sometimes you find that everything we hav to go through with our cancer there is always something good that comes out of it you never know jeannie this might actually help it.  i also hav hypothyroidism and hav to take medication for it i never liked any form of medication now i hav to take many for different illnesses try not to worry you look like an amazing women take care

• missnz
    missnz Member Posts: 3
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Deirdre, So lovely to hear from you, Hope all is going well for you. Well it certainly hasnt been an easy ride but I've finished the chemo & due to start the Radiotherapy & have ongoing Hercepton. There is a support group in Canberra, Bussom Buddies but haven't really been well enough to go to any of there coffee groups, went once. One lady contacts me occasionally & she is lovely but she has her own problems, her husband is also unwell, having sezuires & I know what that is like suffering from Epilepsey myself. So living in Canberra has been very hard with no family & not many friends. Also coming here wasn't giving me what I wanted, I felt very alone so I turned to FB & I made a few friends that also had BC. Unfortunatly it was a bit of a shaky start, one of my friends passed away so that was very sad. Anyway to cut a long story short, a private group was formed by one of the friends because she didn't have any support groups in her area. It has members from all around the world & is just so popular, we talk about every thing. Everyday women are joining & this group is growing. If you would like to join or know of any one please let me know, it's a great group, with lots of information . Thanks again, it was so lovely to hear from you XOXOXOX