Jenny Wrenn

Options
Jenny Wrenn
Jenny Wrenn Member Posts: 6
edited June 2011 in General discussion

I think I have finally worked out how to get some comment on to this site - not being up-to-date with Facebook, Twitter etc I have been all at sea. 

I was diagnosed with early breast cancer mid-May, have had a lumpectomy and removal of 2 lymph nodes which returned positive with the tumour being hormone receptive. 

Have had C/T, Nuclear full body and Ultrasound scans of abdomen and liver.  Will be seeing surgeon and radiotherapy oncologist on 13 July when I should find out what furfther treatment will be needed.

I am 70+ and am wondering if there are any members out there of similar age and experience with breast cancer to share thoughts with.

Comments

• pisces_tas
    pisces_tas Member Posts: 474
    edited March 2015
    Options

hi  jenny, i am not 70+, i am 55, but since i had early menopause at 42, i feel slowed down and older physically in many ways than my peers. i have a lot of friends mid sixties and eary 70's i relate to well.

kathy.

• pisces_tas
    pisces_tas Member Posts: 474
    edited March 2015
    Options

hi  jenny, i am not 70+, i am 55, but since i had early menopause at 42, i feel slowed down and older physically in many ways than my peers. i have a lot of friends mid sixties and eary 70's i relate to well.

kathy.

• moira1
    moira1 Member Posts: 449
    edited March 2015
    Options

welcome to the club nobody wants to be a member of, but we have ladies of all ages on here, but the good this is age doesnt matter here, we have ladies who have just started the journey of bc to ones who have travelled it, and the aim is to support each other through that journey. no question is stupid, so feel free to ask about anything that worries you, there is always someone on here for support. feel free to give me a yell if i can be of help either with the site or otherwise. good luck for you appointment in july. take care moira

• moira1
    moira1 Member Posts: 449
    edited March 2015
    Options

welcome to the club nobody wants to be a member of, but we have ladies of all ages on here, but the good this is age doesnt matter here, we have ladies who have just started the journey of bc to ones who have travelled it, and the aim is to support each other through that journey. no question is stupid, so feel free to ask about anything that worries you, there is always someone on here for support. feel free to give me a yell if i can be of help either with the site or otherwise. good luck for you appointment in july. take care moira

• Di_BCNA
    Di_BCNA Member Posts: 896
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Jenny and welcome!  Glad you worked out how to post -- just shout if you need a hand.  If you didn't already find it, there's a simple user guide on the Help page.  You can look at it on the screen or print it out if you'd rather.  You can find the Help page here: http://www.bcna.org.au/help (there's also a link at the top right of all of the network pages, just under the main navigation bar if you lose the link).

Hope that helps and just ask if you get stuck.

~Di

• Di_BCNA
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Jenny and welcome!  Glad you worked out how to post -- just shout if you need a hand.  If you didn't already find it, there's a simple user guide on the Help page.  You can look at it on the screen or print it out if you'd rather.  You can find the Help page here: http://www.bcna.org.au/help (there's also a link at the top right of all of the network pages, just under the main navigation bar if you lose the link).

~Di

• Di_BCNA
    edited March 2015
    Options

~Di