FEEL UNSURE

Cate64
Cate64 Member Posts: 446
edited May 2016 in Health and wellbeing

Just spoke with my Onologist my tumor marker has dropped from either 553 to 72, the blood test taken was last Friday, 4 weeks 3 days since my 6th & final Chemo. The marker after 5 Chemo cycles was 87.

I dont know why but I feel disappointed that it hasnt dropped more. I guess I am wanting a miracle thats not going to happen.

Comments

• primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    edited May 2016

Apparently it can take several monthsafter treatment has finished before it drops further so don't be dissapointed it hasn't dropped dramatically less from last cycle. Also looks like a bit of confusion over what the actual result was, so maybe you can speak with the oncologist again or the breast care nurse who works with that team and clarify the results.  We often worry over things that we don't need to.

This link might help. Take care. Kath x

http://www.oncolink.org/treatment/article.cfm?id=296

• Cate64
    Cate64 Member Posts: 446
    edited May 2016

Thanks Kath, the word either should not have been in there, typo on my behalf. I know it started at 553 before treatment & dropped really quite a lot being 87 after the 5th cycle & then to 72 which was 4 1/2 weeks after my last chemo.

I dont think I am so much worried as disappointed, think I was expecting, or should i really say hoping, that some miracle was going to occur...

I guess as long as they can keep it stable at 72 on Arimidex then it will be ok...

Cate

• primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    edited May 2016

It still shows a reduction and that link did say it can take up to 4 months to show complete drop. Hope all goes well. It's  understandable you are anxious...as are we all about our treatment and if it will keep the cancer away. Take care. Kath x