Introducing Get Active and Keep Well blog posts

Fiona_BCNA
Fiona_BCNA Member Posts: 75
edited April 2016 in Health and wellbeing

Here at BCNA, we are really excited to announce our new tri weekly Get Active and Keep Well blog posts. Each Monday, Wednesday and Friday we will be posting a blog that we hope will inform, inspire and motivate each and everyone one of you!

Introducing…

Mindful Mondays: A blog post to prompt all of us to start the week with a mindful mindset. Mindfulness is defined as the awareness that emerges through paying attention on purpose, in the present moment, and non-judgmentally to the unfolding of experience moment to moment (Kabat-Zinn, 2003). Put simply, it is becoming aware of your here and now experience, both internally and in the external world around you.

Mindful Mondays will include tips to help you focus your mind and to set an intention for the week ahead.

Nourishing Knowledge: These Wednesday posts will bring you exciting and healthy recipe ideas, nutritional education and quality information to bust food myths that are out there in cyber space or the media.  Start thinking about a favourite health recipe you can share with us.

Weekend Workouts: Getting active doesn’t have to be difficult, but getting motivated can be hard! Each Friday we will post an activity or workout you might like to try over the weekend or when you next feel up to it something new or different to keep your exercise routine interesting.

We look forward to launching these regular blogs and encourage all Get Active and Keep Well members to join the conversation and post your own ideas, stories and photos, as you feel comfortable. We have prepared some prizes for participation in these conversations, so join us and you may even have a gift come your way.

Team BCNA

Comments

• LITHGOW1950
    LITHGOW1950 Member Posts: 314
    edited April 2016

Hi Fiona, the above post sounds excellent and I'm really looking forward to you starting.  Will it appear in this part of the bc site?  

Anne-Marie

• judyharrison
    judyharrison Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2016

I am very much looking forward to this - great idea and support!

thank you, Judy

• Fiona_BCNA
    edited April 2016

Hi Anne-Marie,

The blog will be part of the 'Get Active and Keep Well' group, so it will appear right here.

Today is Mindful Monday!

Cheers
    Fiona (Team BCNA)

• Fiona_BCNA
    edited April 2016

Hi Judy,

I am very glad to hear that, I am looking forward to this too.

:)

Fiona (Team BCNA)

• Johnann
    Johnann Member Posts: 29
    edited April 2016

I'm looking forward to being a part of this. 

• Fiona_BCNA
    edited April 2016

Great to hear 'Johnann'!