REgrowth

Christine Denniss
Christine Denniss Member Posts: 216
edited November 2016 in Day to day

Hi Everyone,

I haven't blogged for a while, so I thought I'd better let you all know I'm still kicking along.

What do you think of my new profile pic? See my new locks (I call "peach fuzz"). Its just like fluff and about 1 cm long in places very fine and lighter colour than I had prior to chemo. That is 3 months worth of growth.

I'm supposed to get my drivers licence renewed but I dont want a fluff pic for the next five years.

I'm going to see if I can do it online and they just send me a sticker for the back of my licence and maybe by next year I might have some nice hair to show off.

I have started back at work part time. I started working 5.5 hrs a day then a few weeks ago started 6.5 hrs a day. So I'm slowly getting my stamina back. I am buggered by the time I get home tho. My hubby has started a new job at Bundy RSL as a courtesy bus driver and loves it. So he is out of the long hours of pokie bar tender work and loving chatting to all the oldies. He has a smile back on his dial finally.

Our kids have decided to give us a mini backyard blitz for our birthdays. So we are all getting our heads together to work out what we want done. Its very exciting and I find myself laying in bed thinking about what I would like. Lots of hard work in there too. Lucky we have 5 kids to do the work.

Well darlings, I hope you are all hanging in there and living the dream as best you can under the circumstances.

Love to know how everyone elses heair growing is going.

Take Care

Chrissy D XOX

Comments

• Loretta d
    Loretta d Member Posts: 124
    edited March 2015

Hi Chrissy, good to hear from you again as I have been wondering how you were getting on. I love the peach fuzz. . .well it's a start hey & gives me an idea as to how long it takes to grow back. I have just had my 5th chemo with one more to go YAY!! It's great that you are working again & can now think about other things like your backyard blitz, what a lovely present that is from your family. Better to be laying awake in bed thinking about that instead of bc. Wishing you all the best.

Loretta xx

• Loretta d
    edited March 2015

Hi Chrissy, good to hear from you again as I have been wondering how you were getting on. I love the peach fuzz. . .well it's a start hey & gives me an idea as to how long it takes to grow back. I have just had my 5th chemo with one more to go YAY!! It's great that you are working again & can now think about other things like your backyard blitz, what a lovely present that is from your family. Better to be laying awake in bed thinking about that instead of bc. Wishing you all the best.

Loretta xx

• Loretta d
    edited March 2015

Loretta xx

• TonyaM
    TonyaM Member Posts: 2,835
    edited March 2015

Nice to see your fluffy nut on here. Yes,doesn't it take forever to get abit of stubble through.It was about 8mths before I could go without headbands. Glad to hear you are back on your perch and working.I had to go for my passport and licence renewal a few months ago.It was a dreadful photo and I was almost in tears and saying I was stuck with this photo for 10yrs.My husband said to stop being so silly as it just sits in your drawer.I only cheered up when I saw how terrible his photo was.After that little scene he refused to come to the RTA with me incase I had a meltdown with that photo.Honestly,I look so fat faced,old and hardly any hair showing. Aren't I vain!!!!                                  Tonya xx

• TonyaM
    edited March 2015

She was probably alot younger or didn't have chemo!!!!!! Stick with the garden Leonie.It' will take a few months to get your mojo back and then you can plan the Everest trip!

Tonya xx

• TonyaM
    edited March 2015

Yay Louise,you got hair! Welcome to the pesky curl stage.My surgeon said it would take ANOTHER year before they straighten up.Look,it's just great to not have "stuff"on your head isn't it.I'm not sure if I'll ever wear a hat again! You look good- bit darker than you had it before??

Tonya xx

• louiseg
    louiseg Member Posts: 412
    edited March 2015

Yeah its great not wearing things on your head again!  The colour that I got is similar to the base colour of one of my wigs that I loved!  Eventually when it is long enough I will have the blond highlights put in and it should look closer to what it was before.

Louise x

• Christine Denniss
    Christine Denniss Member Posts: 216
    edited March 2015

There you go bringing tears to my eyes with your comments. We all help each other on this site and you helped me as much as I helped you. But thank you for the love and its much appreciated. Yes I'm slowly getting my energy back but some days are better than others. I still have no feeling in my feet and finger tips. NOt sure how long that will last.  I also have two infected ingrown toenails that dont seem to be getting better so I will have to go get them seen too. HOt flushes get very annoying more than anything.

Well, I'm off to bed. Work tomorrow.

Love to all Chrissy D :) xoxox