I love Hot Cross Buns!

Options
Ann-Marie
Ann-Marie Member Posts: 1,142
edited November 2016 in Community news and events

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to share with you all just how much I love Hot Cross Bun, I really LOVE them!

I have had to contain myself all week to stay away from the Bakers Delight kitchen (located upstairs in our building) where I know they have been living, however the wait is over.

I wanted to share with you this picture I saw on the Bakers Delight Facebook page this morning that has my mouth watering right now and the fun they have been having with their buns.

Do you love hot cross buns as much as I do?

Plain or Chocolate?

Fresh or Toasted?

YUM!

Tagged:

Comments

• iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,552
    edited March 2016
    Options

Ahh!  the smell of hot cross buns, when we were young they were always heated in the oven (not the microwave) and it was such a treat on Good Friday - tradition!

Wishing everyone a lovely Easter and enjoyment with family and friends and if you're travelling, stay safe

Take Care

• Ann-Marie
    edited March 2016
    Options

Yes the smell is just the best :)

Thank you for your warm wishes and sending some Easter  love right back to you xx

• GeorginaMary
    GeorginaMary Member Posts: 63
    edited March 2016
    Options

Get thee behind me, Satan!  I am a Type 2 diabetic in hospital after my mastectomy, and just nobly refused a hot cross bun for afternoon tea.  Gish, it was hard!

However, I must confess my secret sin.  I went to Baker's Delight on Monday (operation Tuesday), and bought a pack of their hot cross buns that are now waiting in the freezer for me when I get out of hospital next week.  I think that I deserve them, and I CAN'T survive Easter without at least ONE hot cross bun!

• Ann-Marie
    edited March 2016
    Options

I love your little secret :)

I hope all goes well for you xx

• GeorginaMary
    GeorginaMary Member Posts: 63
    edited March 2016
    Options

Thanks, Ann-Marie.  Of course, lots of butter melting on your fingers while you eat them is essential!

• Ann-Marie
    edited March 2016
    Options

:) mmmmmmm

• InkPetal
    InkPetal Member Posts: 499
    edited March 2016
    Options

Yes.

If there isn't someone in the house around to judge me I will open up a pack and eat all six on my own.

A little warm, a little butter/margarine.

None in the house this year, so busy we forgot it was Easter at all. A crime I tell you. Tuesday's shopping bags will contain only these and Cadbury Creme Eggs (now that they've finally sorted that recipe out again and they taste almost like they did. Silly people).

• Ann-Marie
    edited March 2016
    Options

Love it! Photos please lol I agree silly people.