Mandalas

Cosette
Cosette Member Posts: 612
edited March 2016 in Health and wellbeing

Colouring books are all the rage right now, but did you know mandalas have been around for centuries?

For over a thousand years, people have been using mandalas to focus attention and as an aid to meditation. Mandalas are also a beautiful, creative outlet as well as a way to practice mindfulness.

You can download a 2016 mandala calendar and colouring pages. If you're interested in learning more about mindfulness and relaxation as a great way to soothe anxiety and eliminate stress, be sure to join our Active and Well Group. And if you just like art, don't miss the Creative Corner.

Do you use colouring books or colour mandalas?

Comments

• maryroset1
    maryroset1 Member Posts: 240
    edited March 2016

I love colouring books. I got really into it about a year ago but i realise i havent had much time lately. When life returns to nornal its all about juggling work, what to make for dinner and playing taxi to get my daughter to after school activities. I need to schedule in some me time too!

Maryrose 

• Cosette
    Cosette Member Posts: 612
    edited March 2016

"Schedule" is the key word there! We often get to ourselves when we get to ourselves, which means we usually don't. It's so important to make the time for self-care.