Information Forum Traralgon, VIC

Options
Ann-Marie
Ann-Marie Member Posts: 1,142
edited February 2016 in Community news and events

Hi everyone,

Cosette and I will both be attending BCNA's first Information forum of the year in Traralgon.

The event will take place on Wednesday 24 February 2016 from 9.00am - 2.30pm (Registration and arrival refreshments from 9.00am, Forum program from 9.45am until 2.30pm) at Premier Function Centre, 29 Grey Street, Traralgon VIC 3844.

The forum will include information on Breast cancer treatment, care and looking after yourself. There will be separate sessions designed specifically for women living with secondary breast cancer. Speakers on the day will include Dr Yoland Antill, Medical Oncologist, Dr Carrie Lethborg, Cancer Social Worker and Raelene Boyle AM MBE, Olympian and breast cancer survivor.

If you are interested in attending register here.

We look forward to meeting with some of you on the day.

~Ann-Marie

Comments

• ARichies
    ARichies Member Posts: 33
    Options
    @Ann-Marie Hi Ann Marie's. Just wondering if there are any other information sessions held recently or support groups in Traralgon or Gippsland ? Thanks 
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,552
    Options
  • Mez_BCNA
    Mez_BCNA Administrator, Staff, Member, Moderator Posts: 876
    Options
    Hi @ARichies, thankyou for your question. I have liaised with our Events Coordinator and while we don't have a face to face forum planned for the Gippsland area in 2022, we will be looking at this region as a possibility for next year. You may like to check out the on-demand video from our recent forum in Ballarat 

Cancer Council 13 11 20 have the Cancer Connect program can provide vital one-to-one phone support from someone who understands what you're going through and knows what it's like to have cancer. They may be able to search for face to face support groups in your area, however I couldn't find any on their service finder.
  • Keeping_positive1
    Keeping_positive1 Member Posts: 555
    edited June 2022
    Options
    Find services and support in your area (bcna.org.au)

@Mez_BCNA I have included the BCNA link for @ARichies as you may not be aware that your BCNA website have a service finder with a list of services and support in your area.

Just type in your postcode or location @ARichies and see what comes up that suits you.
  • Mez_BCNA
    Mez_BCNA Administrator, Staff, Member, Moderator Posts: 876
    Options
    Thanks @Keeping_positive1, I should have mentioned re sending a private message with BCNA service provider findings to @ARichies being provided as well.