have they got it wrong?

Perranporth
Perranporth Member Posts: 3
edited January 2016 in Health and wellbeing

First Chemo was 9 days ago, I feel back to normal now. Left me wondering if they got the dosage wrong? Chemo was a Friday and I guess 2 days later after doing shopping I did feel so very rough. 5 days of a headache and heartburn and nausea, but it is now day 9, spent whole days out enjoying life, returning to work Monday. 

Perhaps effects of chemo are individual.  It worries me when I see others having different chemo to mine, Should I be worried? 

Comments

• ScorpionQueen
    ScorpionQueen Member Posts: 768
    edited January 2016

I haven't started chemo yet, but my dr has warned me it'll be rough... Each persons treatment i.e dosage is different ... Each persons reaction is different.... But if you have no side effects, run with it! 

I say to everyone, including myself, if your having a good day, have a good day, if you're having a bad day, allow  yourself to rest and restore.

Of course always ask your dr and team  questions! No matter how silly you think they are...

love and light for easy recovery and beautiful days...

-Tracy

stay strong|breathe|believe

???????

• Deanne
    Deanne Member Posts: 2,163
    edited January 2016

Hello

You are right in thinking that Chemo effects are very individual. There are many variations of chemo types, combinations and even numbers and frequency of chemo. Your oncologist is the best person to know what is the best treatment for you considering your unique situation.

I had two different types of chemo and found that not only were my side effects different for each type but they were even different for each round of the same type!

Certainly tell your oncologist about your effects but just because you have been fortunate to not have many does not mean that the chemo is not doing its job. I found that it was best to just make the most of the good days on treatment and be aware that it might be different next round.

I certainly felt that I had more good days than bad while on Chemo, so that was lucky for me. Everyone is different. Wishing you all the best for the rest of your treatment. If you do have a different reaction next time just hop on here and ask about what helps to alleviate any effects you may have. This is a great place for practical advice on getting through this with the least discomfort possible. Deanne xxx

• Brenda5
    Brenda5 Member Posts: 2,423
    edited January 2016

I am going to ask my oncologist for something for that heartburn next round. Are your doses every 21 days? I was fine on day 9 but other side affects can pop up each day so be prepared for those.

• Nadi
    Nadi Member Posts: 619
    edited January 2016

The rough days suck don't they? But more often than not there are also good days - especially towards the end of a cycle. FYI I had to go on 2 different meds for heartburn and even then I have to take Gaviscon from time to time. Enjoy the good days, and here's hoping the bad days don't last long. Take care, Nadine