Day 4 after chemo

Brenda5
Brenda5 Member Posts: 2,423
edited January 2016 in Health and wellbeing

Day 4 after chemo, Monday. The weathers been a little cooler of late which makes sleeping at night a lot nicer. I woke up a little sinus filled but that could have been from me snoring! This morning I walked the dogs with Les and when we got home I managed not to boil over the rolled oats this time. My brain seems to have come back into proper working order, let’s hope it stays that way. I did a couple of washing loads which Les hung out for me, just in case the nice drying weather disappears. All is good here today and so far chemo seems easy although my energy only lasts until about lunch time before its nap time. Life is tough hey?

Comments

• Ne
    Ne Member Posts: 336
    edited January 2016

Hi Brenda.  Sounds like your are coping well with chemo.  I haven't much to add but a tip for rolled oats!  lol....have you tried cooking it in the microwave instead?  It works a charm for me.  Just use a deep glass bowl, add your portion of oats and salt, cover the oats with cold water (just so the water covers the top bit) then pop in the microwave for 3-4 minutes...whallah!  It spares time and mess and it's great especially if you don't like your oats too soggy and slimey.   All the best with your ongoing treatment.  It is good that you have your partner's support.  One day at a time...you've got this! hugs Rene

• Jane221
    Jane221 Member Posts: 1,194
    edited January 2016

Hi Brenda, glad to hear that you are doing well so far, I hope it continues to be smooth sailing for you. If you can keep up the walks and rest as you need to, it will definitely help :-)  Jane xx

• Brenda5
    edited January 2016

Ha Rene, I was cooking in the microwave. Cooking is not really one of my best talents. I used a bigger bowl this time and that worked, no crawling out the bowl.

• Brenda5
    edited January 2016

I am amazed I am drinking so much water! I have never drank so much in my life before. Must be doing something good even if it is lots of exercise trips up the hallway to the wc.