Nat is housebound and going nuts

Scared Mum
Scared Mum Member Posts: 169
edited January 2016 in Health and wellbeing

Ok I need some tips please Nat has been well one word HORRIBLE  she has the patience of an ant bites everyone's heads off if they say boo to her (yes it is still school holidays here and her younger siblings are home everyday) I get that she has cabin fever she feels unsafe to drive with her bone pain and her breathlessness so she has to wait till one of us can drive her,.

she is on anti bitch pills and they maybe working but pure boredom is driving her nuts what can I do to help what did you do to pass the time when you were housebound?

any tips would be greatly appreciated :) 

Cheers Sue

Comments

• Bbryce
    Bbryce Member Posts: 38
    edited January 2016

Hi Sue......  You poor darl lol  Has your daughter got some friends that can descend on her - en masse - and bully her into cheering up?  She will take far more honesty from her mates than either yourself and her siblings.  Movies?  Books?  Does she have any hobbies?  What about facebook?  Ask her to make a facebook page that details her day to day trials and tribulations with BC.  She could ask her friends to help fundraise maybe for the Breast care groups?  (I hope her friends are being supportive?) 

I really feel for you, Sue *hugs*  Failing that........ maybe you need to spend some "you" time and go out and shop till you drop!  

Thinking of you,  Barb, Brisbane

• rowdy
    rowdy Member Posts: 1,165
    edited January 2016

Hi Sue have you tried the adult colouring books. I always got my husband to take me out for a coffee, not much but it was nice to see other people. I know it must be hard for you, I know my husband gets the bitch me more than anyone else, sometimes you can't help yourself. I find it just builds until I let loose and the people that are closest get the brunt of that, and unfortunatly for you that is you Take care sending you both a hugxx

• adean
    adean Member Posts: 1,036
    edited January 2016

Massage calmed me down it seemed to get rid of some of the frustration.

• Brenda5
    Brenda5 Member Posts: 2,423
    edited January 2016

I alternate between chatting on here, chatting on facebook and I have subscribed to the news ones on facebook too and the weather ones just to keep abreast of things. I also play a little online game of spider solitaire.org  and its pretty much the only thing I play.

I have a few mini series on dvd and since we have quite a lot of dvds I have been bit by bit cataloguing them alphabetically into a spread sheet when I am really bored for something to do. Occasionally I turn up one I haven't watched in ages and stick it on.

I have been when I can find them, getting the old photo albums out and taking pics of the pics and editing them up nice and uploading them. Brings back some nice memories and I love the funny ones of kids dressed up.

My breathless and bones are not too bad atm so I am walking the usual twice a day and a shorter one in between if the weathers not too bad. I am a great believer if you don't move it you will lose it and I like what flexibility I have in my body. I also want to move that chemo rubbish around and get it done and out of my body asap. Drink lots of water.

• Scared Mum
    Scared Mum Member Posts: 169
    edited January 2016

Thanks everyone I took her camping (well actually glamping I have a caravan ) to the river for a few days that has helped her a lot, I bought her the adult colouring books as well so today she is happily colouring,

Thanks so much

Cheers Sue