FACIAL HAIR

Daring
Daring Member Posts: 15
edited January 2016 in Health and wellbeing

Hi Everyone,

It's been a while since I last wrote a post but I'm hoping someone can help me! I've finished chemo and radiotherapy, but I'm now finding a fair bit of facial hair appearing. I have been on Arimadex for approximately 5 weeks, and I feel like my facial hair is getting longer. I am quite self conscious about it and would like to remove it. Has anyone had this problem, and if so, what did you use? eg. hair removal cream, waxing, electrolysis etc, and did the hair grow back thicker?

I would love any advice. Thanks

Comments

• Tracey62
    Tracey62 Member Posts: 298
    edited January 2016

Hi Daring, my, you do ask daring questions ??

I haven't started Arimidex yet, but  the oestrogen/progesterone blocking effect allows other hormones to cause the hair growth you are noticing. This happens to a lot of women when they go thru menopause. When it happened to me a few years back, I invested in a small epilator that is designed for facial/bikini line areas. Like waxing, it takes the hair out by the root & when or if it grows back the hair remains nice & soft. Only needed to do it every few months and not at all since chemo. Hope you find a solution that works for you. Well done on getting through all your other treatment!  

Best wishes, Tracey ??

• Robyn W
    Robyn W Member Posts: 1,932
    edited January 2016

Hello:) I have been on Tamoxifen for about 2 years,and I have what ladies on Tamoxifen call " Tamoxifen fuzz"!!! I'm thinking yours is similar.It is kind of on the sides of my face,round my cheeks.I,left it for so long,then just recently,I removed it with a razor.It was so soft,and it hasn't grown back.This was about  2 months ago.I figure if it does come back,I will just do the same again.No problem really.Cheers Robyn xox

• adean
    adean Member Posts: 1,036
    edited January 2016

Yes call me the bearded lady, mine has certainly got worse, I wax it with a kit I bought and pluck in between ,oh the joys of this. Adean xx

• Daring
    edited January 2016

Hi Tracey,

Thanks so much for sharing your personal experience. I like the sound of it. Its seriously nothing compared to what we've all been through, but , if it makes me feel better to get rid of it.....well all the better! Hope your treatment is going well. Remember to rest and take time for yourself.

Cheers,Daring :-)

• Daring
    edited January 2016

Hi Robyn, Thanks for your advice. Yes its a soft fuzz, which I tend to notice. I'm pretty sure it's one side effect of taking hormone blockers! Aren't we lucky! Anyway I'm thankful on this site people are willing to share their knowledge. Hope you had a great day. Cheers Daring :-)

• Daring
    edited January 2016

Hi Adean, you made me laugh. My niece mentioned the hair on my face one day- out of the mouth of babes!  I now have a few options to consider & I appreciate you sharing your own experience. Hope you're travelling ok.

Cheers, Daring :-)