First time operation

snow
snow Member Posts: 28
edited December 2015 in Health and wellbeing

I have just had my first operation being a wide local excision and the lymph node removed for testing. But i have been lucky as the results came back with no cancer in the nodes. I go back on 21 december for the results of the lumpectomy and to decide on treatment and when starting. I was surprised as i have no pain like they said i would probably have which is good and i do my physio exercises at least twice a day. I am so lucky that it is very early and all is ok at the moment. The most frustrating thing i found was the waiting in between visits to get to the operation as all i wanted was to get it out and checked especially the lymph nodes. Now its all done i can rest a little and wait for the next stage. I would like to wish everyone a great Xmas and a safe New Year and my wishes and thoughts go out to the men and woman that are going through the same journey as me or more. Keep Smiling :)

Comments

• Tracey62
    Tracey62 Member Posts: 298
    edited December 2015

Hi Snow,

Sorry you had to get bc to know about this site, but I can tell you it is such a comfort to have others who understand what you are going through. Great news that your lymph node was clear, sounds like your recovery is going well too. Try not to get caught up in the "what ifs", there will be plenty of time to think through what needs to happen next as you get all the info. 

Use this time to renew your strength and enjoy life. It can be a great opportunity to spoil yourself - a weekend away, a massage, a girls day out. The wait can be stressful, so plan something good to do. I used that waiting time to have a family portrait taken and had a girls weekend away. I'm so glad now that I made the most of that time to build happy memories. 

Here's hoping you won't need much ongoing treatment and that you will find much to celebrate this Christmas.

Kind regards, Tracey

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Orbost, VictoriaPosts: 0
    edited December 2015

Great news Snow, warmest of wishes to you for the festive season ????????

• Cook65
    Cook65 Member Posts: 733
    edited December 2015

Hi Snow,

yes the waiting is awful. Once you know exactly what you are dealing with, you can put your head down and get on with it. Hoping you get the best possible results on the 21st and you are able to have a relaxed Christmas with your loved ones. Karen xox

• snow
    edited December 2015

Hi Tracey, thanks for you positive advise i will keep that in mind it sounds great to have those times with friends. :)

• snow
    edited December 2015

Txs Tracey.:)

• snow
    edited December 2015

Thanks Karen. Im sure everything will be good and christmas will be great with my family. I am looking forward to relaxing a bit this Christmas lol. :)