Bone Pain, muscle tightness

Scalena
Scalena Member Posts: 39
edited December 2015 in Health and wellbeing

I have completed six weeks of chemo and had my first week of radiation,  I have had vertigo lasting four or five weeks twice during and after chemo,  lack energy but now I have pains in my bones,  particularly where I broke my ankle just before I was diagnosed, and also muscle tightness in my arms and legs. Nobody seems to have mentioned this stuff. 

Comments

• Flutter By
    Flutter By Member Posts: 58
    edited December 2015

Hi Scalena, I finished chemo a month ago and have just had my first week of radio too, and like you am feeling extra aches and pains in bones, I've been wondering is it still from chemo or is it a side effect of radio that no ones mentioned. 

Ive also been getting lots of pain in what's left of that breast,  and armpit, nobody said that would happen, but reading the information  sheet they gave me it common apparently. 

Big hugs, I hope it gets better! Xxx

• Tracey62
    Tracey62 Member Posts: 298
    edited December 2015

Hi Scalena,

i finished chemo a month ago, have the bone pain and my muscles have been really tight too. Don't start rads till Thursday, so it must be chemo. I thought it was just because I wasn't doing much physically but now listening to you and Flutter by, maybe it's part of the recovery after what chemo has done to our bodies. I have started gentle exercise and carefully trying anti-inflammatories, find they both help more than pain killers.  Also taking multivites and my body is just soaking them up.  

Flutter by, I also get that pain under my armpit & I only had 1 node removed. Weird. Maybe our bodies are just going out on strike, in protest of the way we've treated them ?? Time for each of us to receive some pampering and TLC.

Hope you girls take it easy through radiation and that you return to strength. Best wishes, Tracey xXx

• Lisa_BCNA
    Lisa_BCNA Staff Posts: 140
    edited December 2015

Hi Scalena,

It's Lisa from the Policy Team. I am sorry to hear about the bone pain and muscle tightness you are experiencing. I would encourage you to talk to your doctor as he or she will be able to talk to you about why you are experiencing this pain and what may be able to be done to help.

Warm regards,
    Lisa

• Scalena
    edited December 2015

Thanks Tracey,  well,  it's good to hear,  that does sound like the cause,  not good you are suffering with it!  I think the node surgery does cause all sorts of reactions because the nerves there can be affected.  I think that will eventually settle down.  Best of luck.

Scalena 

• Scalena
    edited December 2015

Thanks,  every time I do that my Gp doesn't know. As it's settled down I will wait till it comes back. 

Cheers

Scalena

• Tracey62
    Tracey62 Member Posts: 298
    edited December 2015

Hi girls, I know Google-med can be a dangerous thing, but I've been reading about people treated with Docetaxal and evidently muscle tightness and bone pain are quite common after. One lady said she found relief with magnesium supplements, so I've started that to see if it helps. Like you Scalena, my GP wants to help but has no ideas xXx

• Catscrapcats
    Catscrapcats Member Posts: 86
    edited December 2015

Hi Tracy,

I didn't have chemo but 30 treatments of radiotherapy and I found I got sharp pains in my breast as well as soreness and swelling both where I had the lump removed and the lympth node. Radiation oncologist check me out and twice removed fluid said it was the radiation stirring up the nerve ending and the healing tissues. I am now 3 weeks post any radio and my scar line on the breast is still quite lumpy and a bit swollen. I did suffer quite bad burns under my arm and breast which seemed normal to her as well that have healed nicely now. Can you check with your radiation oncologist? All the best with your treatment.

Maria

• Scalena
    edited December 2015

Thanks,  things have settled a bit,  I think I had been over doing it and I need to tale Panadol.  Not so bad now.  Cheers.

Scalena