Sussan women's fun run 2015

Ann-Marie
Ann-Marie Member Posts: 1,113
edited December 2015 in Health and wellbeing

I wanted to share with you all a little snap shot of my morning yesterday.  It was my first 10km fun run and a great opportunity to show my support.

I dedicated my run to my aunty and what an experience it was.

I was pretty pumped at the starting line. I had created a 1hr playlist of my favorite songs, as I was determined to not run longer than that. The gun fired and we were off. I started pretty fast and then realized I couldn't keep up that speed.  I was determined though to do my best, so I made sure my little arms and legs kept pumping.

It's amazing how many emotions you go through when you are running. One minute I was singing along to my music & giving the spectators high fives as I ran past them, the next minute wanting to give up as I felt I couldn't make it.  The atmosphere was amazing. Seeing people of all ages running and walking just made it all the more special.

I was on the home straight and I saw my bestie waving at me.  I got so excited that I was so close to the finishing line, it made me run faster.  As I crossed over the finish line I felt a huge sense of achievement. I was so proud of myself and what I had accomplished, I knew my aunty would be proud of me - 49.25sec!

Congratulations to everyone that participated in the morning, and a big thank you to everyone who attended and supported this event.

Today! well I can't move very well :) I guess that's what happens when you give it everything you have.

~ Ann-Marie x

Comments

• iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,710
    edited December 2015

Woo hoo!  Congratulations, what a fantastic time you did!

Must say you look so happy and fit as a fiddle!!

It was nice to see it made the evening news

Thank you!!

Christine  xx

• emmyp
    emmyp Member Posts: 53
    edited December 2015

Well done Ann-Marie!!

What an awesome feeling it must have been!

Awesome work to everyone involved.

• Ann-Marie
    edited December 2015

Thank you :) I couldn't wipe the smile off my face.

• Ann-Marie
    edited December 2015

It was incredible, thank you

• rowdy
    rowdy Member Posts: 1,165
    edited December 2015

Hi Marie well done, a friend of mine ran yesterday and put my name on her saying she was running for me. I was very touched by this I had a tear in my eye something so small made me feel so special.

• Jennybutter
    Jennybutter Member Posts: 156
    edited December 2015

Fabulous effort Ann-Marie, Congrats!!  Great photos ? 

It was a very special morning a little overwhelming too. I now have some very special memories to keep.  See you next year for sure.

Cheers Jen ?? ?? x