A moment

[Deleted User]
[Deleted User] Orbost, VictoriaPosts: 0
edited December 2015 in Health and wellbeing

Hi Everyone, just sharing an experience that I had today. Helping a friend to move house, I chose to stay at the new house to sort, being careful not to lift to much. II met a amazing lady. I'm a bit of a sorter, and my friend Sue who was moving house is very disorganised, so I stayed at the new house and unpack the kitchen, laundry and bathroom. My theory is that if you have the kitchen, bathroom and beds made, that you can then take your time to unpack the other stuff at your own pace. So the beds were made, we managed a roast for the workers, and the kitchen and bathroom were organised. Sorry to be so long winded, however along the way, I met Sue's friend Cheryl theHelper, who never complained about what she had to lift, what she hasp to do, and even slept in a swag  on the floor. She looked after me so well, nagging about what I shouldn't lift, and helped me make the beds, what agency. Turns out that she has at least 6 friends and family who have been treated for breast cancer, she was so kind and understanding and I thought to myself that there are people who come into our lives who are meant to be there and help us to get along in the world. Thank goodness for the Angels in our world. Cheryl even gave me a big cuddle when we left, and thanked me for my fellowship. What a day. Sending you all a big cuddle, Trace ??????????

Comments

• Lindyloo
    Lindyloo Member Posts: 146
    edited December 2015

How lovely. Yes, you are right. I also met someone through a friend who has been through all the same things as we have, a year ago. She has been giving me tips and pointers, for which I am very grateful. 

Hope that everything continues to go well for you Tracey.

Linda xx

• [Deleted User]
    edited December 2015

Thanks Lindy, sending you a smile and a cuddle ????????

• Jess_BCNA
    Jess_BCNA Member Posts: 474
    edited December 2015

I just loved your story Tracey ~ thankyou for sharing :-) xx

• wendy_h67
    wendy_h67 Member, Dragonfly Posts: 466
    edited December 2015

Hi Tracey, I have just come home after having a lovely day out.  I was invited to a friends new home which over looks the beach.  She had invited 2 other friends & we had lunch together.  We all worked together as nurses before retiring.  One of the girls has M.S. & the other girl's husband has had a stroke.   We had a great day chatting, laughing about incidents that happened at work & generally giving each other support.  It makes you realize how good it is to be alive & making the most of each day.  Wendy h 67

• Kazzi
    Kazzi Member Posts: 263
    edited December 2015

Hi Tracey,

Thanks for sharing your story.  In my daily struggle through this BC thing it's amazing the angels or the kindness of strangers who have touched my life. Sending a big hug.

Karen xx

• [Deleted User]
    edited December 2015

Thanks Jessica ??????????

• [Deleted User]
    edited December 2015

Hi Wendy, reminiscence is a wonderful thing. I saw an old friend of mine today, and we were laughing about a prank that we played on our mutual friend as a Christmas surprise. We decorated our friends shop window for the festive season and put a seat in the front window. She dressed up as a plum pudding, and I dressed up as a Christmas tree, we sat on the seat, and watched passers by, making some of these people hesitate and laugh. When our friend came to the front door, we laughed and laughed partly because the plum pudding and the Christmas tree were both having a hot flush from sitting in that window. We all went home that day with aching tummies and aching faces from laughing so much. Sending you a festive cuddle, Trace ????????

• [Deleted User]
    edited December 2015

Hi Kazzi, love that hug, and hoping that you're travelling ok, Trace xxx

• wendy_h67
    wendy_h67 Member, Dragonfly Posts: 466
    edited December 2015

Hi Tracey,

They say laughter is the best medicine.   Don't loose your sense of humor.  Hope Santa is good to you.  Wendy h 67