My Breast Cancer Journey.

gaye.hill.73
gaye.hill.73 Member Posts: 18
edited September 2015 in Health and wellbeing

I am due for my operation this Thursday, the 17th Sept.   Lumpectomy and Sentinel Lymph Node removal.  Still positive and taking my 1 step at a time.  The support and prayers offered from my family, friends and work colleagues has been positive and supportive and of course my Breast Cancer nurses.   This is my first post, but I have read many of your posts and many similar to my diagnosis/operation. 

Comments

• jaycia02
    jaycia02 Member Posts: 64
    edited September 2015

Good luck on Thursday, we'll be wishing you clear margins and nodes! Be kind to yourself after the surgery and I hope you don't have too long a wait for the pathology results.

Jen

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Orbost, VictoriaPosts: 0
    edited September 2015

Hi Gaye, here's hoping that your surgery goes well for you. I'm glad that you're taking it one step at a time, as the treatment will pass much quicker for you and be easier to manage in your mind. Sending you a big cuddle, Trace ????

• rowdy
    rowdy Member Posts: 1,165
    edited September 2015

Hi and welcome to the site, 1 step at a time is the best way to get through this. Good luck for Thursdayx

• maryroset1
    maryroset1 Member Posts: 240
    edited September 2015

All the very best for your surgery tomorrow. Think nothing but positive thoughts ????

Maryrose 

• gaye.hill.73
    edited September 2015

Hello Jen

The cancer and the lymph node associated will be tested while I am in theatre.  If I have any cancer cells in the lymph node they will remove all, and if it shows the cell has broken the outer and cancer cells are present I will have the extra taken from the margin, either straight away or taken back to theatre.  I was really impressed with firstly Breast Screen and the Surgeon.   Oh, I must not forget the Breast Care Nurses, absolutely fantastic.

Thank you.

Gaye

• gaye.hill.73
    edited September 2015

Thank you Rowdy.  This works for me.   x

• gaye.hill.73
    edited September 2015

Thank you Trace.  <3

• gaye.hill.73
    edited September 2015

Thanks for your thoughts.  Very positive and that helps me and the family.

Take care Maryrose. x

• Catscrapcats
    Catscrapcats Member Posts: 86
    edited September 2015

Hi Gaye, Good luck for tomorrow and make the most of those looking after you. Hope it all goes well. I am 2 weeks post op today for the same surgery. The waiting for the results is the hardest bit so hope the time goes quick for you. Best wishes Maria.

• gaye.hill.73
    edited September 2015

Surgery cancelled as no-one there today to put in the hook wire.   Re-schedule for sometime in the next 2+ wks.  Thanks to you all for the support.  I am fine and still positive.  Other people do get sick.  I will just wait for the next step.  Regards Gaye.  xx

• maryroset1
    maryroset1 Member Posts: 240
    edited September 2015

What a bummer having your surgery postponed. Try to keep yourself busy and continue to be positive and strong. Yes others get sick and when i was going through treatment i always tried to think about all the others out there in a much worse situation then me. It was a way that i kept things in perspective. Keep smiling 

Maryrose

• Catscrapcats
    Catscrapcats Member Posts: 86
    edited September 2015

That's a bit of a letdown. Hope it happens within that time frame or sooner for you then. Yes try and keep yourself busy if you can get your mind around it. The waiting is the hardest part I found. Regards Maria

• rowdy
    rowdy Member Posts: 1,165
    edited September 2015

What a let down , it is hard when you get yourself all prepared and then cancelled. Try and relax the time will go fast. Take carex

• diohoh
    diohoh Member Posts: 3
    edited September 2015

Hi Gail,

I hope you went ok with your op. I too had mine on the 2nd September and am doing really well just like you will. My appointment with the radiation clinic is this Tuesday and the oncologist the following Wednesday. I am doing the same as you and taking one day at a time. Good luck.

• Chorsell
    Chorsell Member Posts: 462
    edited September 2015

Hi Gaye,

hope you are traveling ok and things are progressing in the right direction.

as daunting as it is - this is a great place to come and know you are not alone. There is always someone that will make a comment or point you in the right direction, or just understand when you need to vent.

All the best - make sure you keep us updated with how you are going xx

chris