Focusing on the Positives

Options
Lunanoire
Lunanoire Member Posts: 51
edited August 2015 in Health and wellbeing

Gorgeous Saturday here in Adelaide after a drizzly morning - had a visit from a friend and we sat in the garden where I verbally processed yesterday's news, focusing on the positives:
1) The lymph nodes are clear
2) Tumour contained in one lump which was removed last week
3) Additional surgery is PRECAUTIONARY due to a few wayward cells in the margins and NOT because there actually is any cancer
4) Herceptin is successful in the treatment of HER2 positive
5) Chemo will be given as a PREVENTATIVE to ensure that the cancer does NOT reoccur
6) Not everyone suffers ill effects from chemo nor does everyone lose their hair
7) Hair grows back - boobs don't
8) I am healthy and fit and surrounded by more people than I initially realised who want to help me ride this roller coaster

And amongst the soursobs in my garden, I noticed this bright orange flower

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Orbost, VictoriaPosts: 0
    edited August 2015
    Options

That's all positive news Lunanoire, it's great that you now know here you stand, and that you have started the planning process. Sounds like you have a good team around you and that you're starting to smile again. Sending you a big cuddle, Trace ????

• maryroset1
    maryroset1 Member Posts: 240
    edited August 2015
    Options

Hi Luna. Yes so many positives. You need to focus on the positives and dont waste too much energy on negative thoughts. I was where you are this time last year and you will come out the other end so much stronger. I had crappy days but chemo was not as bad as i expected. For me i think radio took more out of me. Take it one day at a time and keep smiling.

Maryrose

• Kazzi
    Kazzi Member Posts: 263
    edited August 2015
    Options

That's beautiful Lunanoire!

You can do this!  Love your post. Some great positives there. 

Karen xx

• Robyn W
    Robyn W Member Posts: 1,932
    edited August 2015
    Options

You have a plan now...you can do this!!! I am 2 years past treatment.Chemo wasn't as bad as I expected,and in summer,it's nice having no hair,it's lovely and cool,and super easy in the shower.!!! Cheers Robyn xox

• scotty
    scotty Member Posts: 32
    edited August 2015
    Options

That's an orange lily lovely you keep looking forward chemo isn't that bad it's the chemo of years ago that scared everyone nothing like that now you will be OK xxxx

• Annedipa
    Annedipa Member Posts: 73
    edited August 2015
    Options

A beautiful post...keep focusing on the positives..you got this!