Recently diagnosed

Blackpearl
Blackpearl Member Posts: 2

My sister was recently diagnosed  22/10/14 operated on 12/11/14 full masectomy lymph nodes clear but has triple negetive gene needs chemo has first appoint ment with oncology Monday 01/12/14 also waiting for my youngest daughter to have 2nd biopsy on 08/12/14  for lump & cysts her right breast  they said first one not conclusive only got wet sample not tissue.

She also is very anxious may only be fatty fibred  but with my sister's results &we lost our mum 44yrs ago to breast cancer..

& my eldest daughter also suffers with cystie breast they say biopsy no good as too many to test has regular check up's she doesn't want to have the gene test she's scared been told I can't be tested my sister has to thought I could do it because she has been through enough so waiting to talk to oncology on Monday .

Tagged:

Comments

• Blackpearl
    Blackpearl Member Posts: 2
    edited March 2015

My sister has just been fitted for her free Bra  & when we went to buy a couple more  found could only buy the bra not the temporary insert would any one know where we could  buy as she  would like a couple to alternate with while one is in the wash  till she buys the permanent  prothesis ..

• Linda_BCNA
    Linda_BCNA Member Posts: 7
    edited March 2015

Good Morning Blackpearl. Could you kindly advise for your sister to call BCNA on 1800 500 258 regarding the temporary prosthesis. We look forward to hearing from her soon.

• Candygirl
    Candygirl Member Posts: 68
    edited March 2015

Hi Blackpearl,

My biopsy was also non conclusive, my surgeon removed tumor purely based on the ultrasound, mammogram also missed it, even when they did a diagnostic mammogram.

I have had a fibrodenoma (fatty tissue lump) for many years, that is what was being monitored.  

My advice with your family history is get anything suspicious removed, they younger you are the more dense your breast tissue is and the more likely that a mammogram will not pick up any abnormality.

Candy