Creative Corner!

Comments

• iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,541
    Onya Bec!   Writings or musings will be lovely to read!
  • TonyaM
    TonyaM Member Posts: 2,835
    I have just found this thread thanks to sitting next to inkpetal at a summit workshop.Your ink drawings are amazing.Hope to put some of my art pics up soon.
  • InkPetal
    InkPetal Member Posts: 499
    edited March 2017

TonyaM said:

I have just found this thread thanks to sitting next to inkpetal at a summit workshop.Your ink drawings are amazing.Hope to put some of my art pics up soon.

Awesome! It was great hearing about your art group, I'd love for you to share more about it with everyone here too! I can't wait to see your work, and if they're happy to share - the work of your group! You are so lovely, it was such a pleasure to meet you.

I had an afterthought too! Patreon and GoFundMe are good outreach for fundraising but also Kickstarter. It's a hard haul, because, despite the research body, people tend to see no value in art and art therapy until they've actually benefit from it themselves. If you were to get together and lay out your mission with some testimonials in a video I can imaging there being enough draw to at least help with the supplies and breach the general psh of the population! x

It's something I'm yet to do, as I was saying - volunteering my work keeps bringing up unexpected costs. In my dreams every patient who walks in to that hospital for a stay longer than a day gets personal choice of mindfulness packs, especially the families. I've been in hospital a lot for someone my age, and not just because of the whole cancer thing, and every time I've sent someone out to get me something to do. Because it sucks and I want to fill that gap. I'd love for real life to stop being so demanding so I could focus all my time on it. :lol: Stupid real life! hahaha
  • EarthWalkerLisha
    EarthWalkerLisha Member Posts: 74
    edited March 2017
    Hi all, I just found this thread. I haven't been on here for a while, I guess I just wanted to shut out my cancer experience and move on. What I have found out is that art has been wonderful therapy for me in the past couple of months. I'm a crocheter so I have managed anxieties and waiting for appointments by crocheting.

A friend gave a workshop on creative journaling last month which I thoroughly enjoyed. So much so that I started a painting and drawing class once a week. It has been so soothing and enjoyable to learn watercolour painting. I have really been finding my happy place immersing myself in practicing drawing and painting. I finished radiation just before Christmas and haven't really felt well or happy, that is until I started this class. I feel the power of healing and at peace for the moment (until the next health issue comes up). So I'll share some of my 'good' paintings, because the ugly ones aren't so great to look at.
  • InkPetal
    InkPetal Member Posts: 499
    Hello @EarthWalkerLisha! Great to see you here!

Yeah, I get that. I try to turn off and have a cancer free day, but I feel like every day has been cancer day since diagnosis even now that I've got an all-clear. Still deal with side effects of this and new side effects of that and, ugh, enough. I take time away from the forums myself if it's getting too heavy. :heart:

That is fantastic! I really want to learn to watercolour properly I'm tragic at it. Those are beautiful! Congratulations on finishing radio, I'm sorry to hear you'd been feeling so down but it's wonderful that you found art! I want to see your ugly ones too, I bet you they blow any attempt I could make out of the water. :lol: Thank you so much for coming back and sharing with us.

• EarthWalkerLisha
    Thanks @InkPetal, I found out I had shingles on my last day of radiation plus feeling sore and burned, Christmas was a bit of a bummer. Later I had a horrible case of vertigo and vomiting, so didn't feel great at all. All better now though.

Watercolour painting was always a little secret desire I've had. Particularly painting Autumn leaves. There are lots of YouTube videos on watercolour techniques which have been helpful to explore. Your drawings are amazing, such lovely line work and inspiration to colour in.
    Lx
  • Ann-Marie
    Ann-Marie Member Posts: 1,142
    @EarthWalkerLisha your paintings are amazing. Thank you for sharing them.
  • EarthWalkerLisha
    Thank you @Ann-Marie_BCNA
  • Ne
    Ne Member Posts: 336

InkPetal said:

Hello new members just seeing this thread for the first time! All forms of creativity are welcome!

This is an open creative space and anything you make, create, record, compose, draft et cetera certainly belong.

I mention this because recently I've had the honor of speaking to members who shy away from participating in this thread because they've said they "aren't artists" or "don't draw"...

Your poetry and short stories are creative and if you're willing to share, I would love to read them and I'm sure others feel the same! :heart:

P.S. Rad news, I *may* have heard whispers about getting the creative corner group up again. :yum: Who's keen?

I'm keen on having a creative corner group x
  • Ne

@EarthWalkerLisha your watercolour painting is beautiful.  My daughter has recently started dabbling with watercolour and although I am more of an oil paint girly I would love to try it too.  I totally agree with you that being creative and doing art has been therapeutical and contributes greatly to my recovery process.  Keep posting your work, we are all inspired by everyone's contributions to this thread.

• Ne
    I finished another oil painting but will probably have to clean up my art/diningroom table soon as my sister and 2 nieces are visiting from South Africa and will be arriving in 10 days! Eeeeek
  • EarthWalkerLisha
    Oh @Ne this painting is gorgeous! You've captured such a light brightness. It's actually giving me goosebumps looking at your painting. Good luck with the cleaning up. I'm in the same boat, our dining table is my workspace, the kids homework table etc. so I have to clear up when I've finished for the day. I don't think we actually eat at our dining table any more. Thank you for your comments.
    Lisha xx