Let's get palbociclib on the PBS

Cosette
Cosette Member Posts: 637
edited March 2017 in Community news and events

Palbociclib (also called Ibrance) is used to treat hormone receptor positive, HER2-negative metastatic breast cancer. Palbociclib is available in 52 countries, but Australia is not one of them. The only way Australians can get it is by buying it from overseas for about $10,000 a month, or participating in a clinical trial.

Palbociclib is being considered for sale in Australia and BCNA needs your help. Sign our online petition. Tell the government decision-makers that this is an important drug. We need it in Austraila and we need it to be affordable.

Sign our petition here: https://www.bcna.org.au/about-us/advocacy/current-advocacy-issues/palbociclib-petition/

And share it! Tell others to sign it too.
Tagged:

Comments

• Jane221
    Jane221 Member Posts: 1,193
    Thanks @Cosette_BCNA, have signed and hope the petition is successful.
  • Glemmis
    Glemmis Member Posts: 343
    Thanks @Cosette_BCNA, signed & shared on Facebook, fingers crossed!
  • socoda
    socoda Member Posts: 1,767
    Thanks Cosette. Signed and shared :smiley:
  • Cate64
    Cate64 Member Posts: 446
    signed
  • wendy55
    wendy55 Member Posts: 774
    Hi, Cosette,
    What a wonderful initiative, I am one of those women who would benefit from Ibrance, I am on Xeloda and have been for 12 months, the side effects arent very nice, but I have had to learn to live with them, {dont fancy the alternative!} this drug would change the quality of life for so many of us - thank you to you and all of the fantastic women who sign and share this - we can make a difference! -
  • Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,352
    Done!
  • pacwood
    pacwood Member Posts: 105
    So nice to see on Facebook how many people are sharing this petition!!! Love the power of social media!

• Southgirl
    Southgirl Member Posts: 80
    I agree @pacwood - I put it on Facebook just hoping that may prompt a few extra signatures - and so many of my friends have signed the petition and shared the post, the response has been wonderful.
  • kayvie
    kayvie Member Posts: 157
    Thanks Cosette Done!
  • rowdy
    rowdy Member Posts: 1,165
    Done
  • Michelle_R
    Michelle_R Member Posts: 901
    Signed and done here, too.
  • Deanne
    Deanne Member Posts: 2,163
    Signed and shared.