Lymphedema garments in the heat grrrr

mum2jj
mum2jj Member Posts: 4,327
Spent a good 10 mins in the Cairns heat putting my garment on today, only to realise at the last minute that it was inside out grrr
It is a soft seamless one so didn't realise until the very end that the silicon grips at the top was on the outside..
Paula :)
Tagged:

Comments

• primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    How annoying
  • SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,445
    OMG I have done that a few times @mum2jj so bloody frustrating, while we had that really hot weather I really struggled with my sleeve.... 
    Hugs Paula I know how you feel..... it took us 20 mins one morning thru the heat to get mine on I said to kids as it was going to be really hot again overnight and the next day ... I am leaving it on... AND I did .... no ill effects from that I wont do it regularly but I knew my arm was swelling at night due to the extreme heat....

Oh the gifts that Cancer leaves behind ho hum 

Hugs and energy 
    xoxox 
  • Brenda5
    Brenda5 Member Posts: 2,423
    Nice to hear someone else has done that lol. <3
  • Jane221
    Jane221 Member Posts: 1,193
    The struggle is real! How frustrating! 
  • mum2jj
    Thanks girls, I am usually pretty good but just got me yesterday!! I am due for measures on Tuesday. I am hoping my diligence with massage and wearing of my garment has helped improve my measures after the sudden shock increase 6 months ago after being stable for so long. 
    Fingers crossed. 
    Paula xx
  • socoda
    socoda Member Posts: 1,767
    Good luck tomorrow Paula. Crossing fingers for reduced numbers for you. Xx Cath
  • Jane221
    Jane221 Member Posts: 1,193
    Hoping for good news for you on Tuesday xx
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,543
    Paula fingers crossed for good measures for Tuesday

Take care
  • Michelle_R
    Michelle_R Member Posts: 901
    Good luck tomorrow, Paula - everything crossed for you! xx
  • Deanne
    Deanne Member Posts: 2,163
    Fingers crossed for you, Paula! xxx
  • Hopes_and_Dreams
    Hopes_and_Dreams Member Posts: 760
    Sending lots of positive thoughts for tomorrow Paula xx
  • socoda
    Paula @mum2jj, just wondering how you went with your measurements on Tuesday?
  • mum2jj
    Thankyou to all you lovely ladies for your beautiful comments.  Have barely had time to scratch myself these past couple of days.  My measures are the same in some places but much improved in others.  My "aldex" measure... I think it's called that was upto 14 last year from a usual negative measure. By the time I had my new garments last time and after lots of hard work with massage and wearing long garment again it was down to 5,  Well oon Tuesday it was negative 0.5.  I am taking this as a big win.  Still in long garment but can alternate with shorter one that I used to wear which I have slowly been doing this last month.  Still massaging daily... It's really a long term thing, but happy with the 1 1/2 cm loss in my arm and the low aldex reading.  You  ladies are awesome xxx
    Paula :)
  • socoda

Paula, that is excellent!! Xx
    Share Member Posts: 217

Hi Paula,

Great results for you - well done !

Oh, the heat and humidity can be a real bummer. Apart from the fact that when you are finally able to get it on successfully, you feel like you are walking through an open fire sometimes !

I sometimes find that I wait a good 10-15 mins after having a shower (or switch to tepid water right at the end to help cool my body temp) as the garment seems a bit more problematic if put on straight away.

Would love to hear some of your "successful" stories about massage and how it has helped.

Although I had partial removal of lymph nodes in 2003, I developed lymphedema in December 2016 (never a problem in 13 years - aaaahhhhh).

So, this is all very new to me. In less than 3 months I have gone from a temporary stretchy garment to weekly lymphodema massage & measured up for full fitting garment including hand. There is now a 50cm difference between my left and right arm.

I do self-massage once a day and exercises 3 times a day and deep breathing when I think of it and rolling of shoulders etc to try and stimulate the other lymph nodes to become more active !

Have now had 2 x sessions of laser treatment as I have developed cording.

Thanks for sharing your successes :)

Best wishes, Sheryl