On a lighter note...Feeling finally like ME...a New Me....comfortable with my hair..

melclarity
melclarity Member Posts: 3,502
Losing my hair through Chemotherapy was one of the hardest/emotional things to come to terms with, once I shaved it off, I adapted like a duck to water. Yes there were days that were so difficult, juggling wigs, headpieces and eventually having no eyelashes was the absolute rockbottom. BUT...I threw together a collage of me from beginning just before starting Chemo to now. My hair growth til now, the last pic is 1yr of growth. Only NOW am I starting to feel like me but a different ME!! I know this is absolutely different for everyone and I too worried that mine would never come back! Hope and faith in all things. Hugs Everyone! xo Hugs Everyone! xo

Comments

• iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,543
    Melinda - you rock!  Thanks for sharing! <3
  • Mira
    Mira Member Posts: 678
    Short hair really suits you Mel!  You look great :)
  • Tracey62
    Tracey62 Member Posts: 298
    Mel you are beautiful, inside and out! I love that you kept on smiling through it all. You've done more than survive, you, my dear girl have absolutely thrived xx
  • melclarity
    Thanks ladies! Ohh Tracey I think some of the pics the smile was put on LOL, really wanted to share with anyone worrying about hairloss...it really is traumatic!!! and right now I am just grateful! xx
  • primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    Yes, it certainly doesn't return overnight. I keep saying yes hair has grown back...but it's not my hair. One day I hope to accept it as my new hair. I'm  still hoping it will change...we will see.
  • Tracey62
    Tracey62 Member Posts: 298
    Yeah Kath, I keep thinking I must get rid of my old photo with long hair. That's how I remember myself, but the new short curly haired stranger in the mirror still catches me by surprise  :o
  • Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,354
    I'll accept my hair almost any way, particularly as the mad frizzies have gone - except in this muggy Melbourne weather when the frizzies tend to make a concerted attempt at a come back!
  • melclarity
    Ohhh my hair is curly curly curly, so somedays I wear it that way otherwise its long enough I can straighten as in this pic. LOL 
  • Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,354
    Curly was fine, but I looked like a really bad home perm!! Didn't matter, I wore it with pride until it softened to curls. 
  • Cosette
    Cosette Member Posts: 637
    Aw, Mel, you look so beautiful! Thank you for sharing this.  <3
  • melclarity
    Thanks Cosette, it's only putting this together I could actually see the change and physically how far I have come. Just reminded me how we all need to remind ourselves of this at times especially through the tough times and we're struggling. xo
  • socoda
    socoda Member Posts: 1,767
    Mel you look fantastic. And now you can absolutely rock any hair style you choose to!! ;-)

• melclarity
    Thanks Socoda!!!! to actually see how far you've come instead of how far to go helps alot!
  • ccasper
    ccasper Dragonfly Posts: 190
    Very happy to hear @melclarity you are such a gem and are always there for a helping hand for the ladies on here. Wishing you all the best with the new you!! Xx
  • melclarity
    Thanks Carly! Big hugs to you too! xo