Biopsy results

Pammy46
Pammy46 Member Posts: 162
edited December 2016 in Newly diagnosed
well got the second biopsy results finally after 2 weeks I have a second tumour identical to the first both low grade 1 tubular both hormone receptive and both 7mm less than 1 cm going ahead with surgery next week then to wait again for sentinel node results the waiting seems to go on forever
put my Xmas decorations up with my daughter today made me feel good to see her happy 
Tagged:

Comments

• socoda
    socoda Member Posts: 1,767
    Hi Pammy,  Bet you didn't know you had twins!!!  At least your second tumour is the same as the first and you wont have to vary treatment. Yes the waiting does seem to be never ending, it's like being in a horrible suspended reality!!  It's lovely that your Xmas decorations made you happy via your daughter reactions.  Makes you appreciate the wonder and magic of Christmas all over again. So what day next week is your surgery? Just so we can wish you all the best. Xx
  • Pammy46
    Hi socoda 
    yes I said that today twins alright not the best having 2 but there was positives in the negative 
    my surgery is next Thursday the 8th have to have the hook wires and sentinel blue dye do you know what the hook wires are actually for? 
  • JannyB
    JannyB Member Posts: 5
    Hello, this is my first time here, I got diagnosed with DCIS 2 and a half weeks ago and have had a lumpectomy and then a second op because the margins of where they cut out had a bit of cancer right on it the first time.  I had the hook wires done and they said it allows the surgeon to see where to cut.  I lay on a bed with a hole in it and they worked underneath with mammography which was a relief as I could not see what they were doing.  PS The wires are really tiny and thin, the only thing that hurt was the needles to dull the area.
  • Pammy46
    Hi janny
    you went in quick my diagnosis was 4th November next thurs is surgery I'm on the central coast nsw and getting in for tests ect has taken so long glad they were thorough on testing as the first 2 ultrasounds missed the second tumour as its deep in the tissues
    thanks for shedding light on hookwires I had visions of large wires poking out my boob! 
  • socoda
    Pammy, just to give you a heads up with the dye for the sentinel node, they inject it under the nipple tissue - sounds a lot worse than it is - just like a bit of a nipple cripple (pinched nipple) that lasts for a few seconds, more a pressure thing! Then you get to watch the dye on a screen - pretty fascinating when you think about it!  May have to massage your breast to help the dye get to hour sentinel node and all up mine took about 1 1/2 hours and most of that was waiting for the Dr to arrive from another surgery. Xx
  • Brenda5
    Brenda5 Member Posts: 2,423
    Should we mention you turn blue for a day and poop and wee green for a few days? Nope lol.
  • primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    I had sentinal  node...radioactive but no dye. Anazing how diff it all is. they injected around my tumour...not my nipple (although that  was close  by) and used an ultrasound to locate it...although it was easily felt.
  • socoda
    Hey @Brenda5, Did you turn blue?  :) I was told I was going to but I didn't. Pee and poop did turn green hahaha. And @primek yes it's amazing how something like one procedure can be so different. :wink:
  • melclarity
    melclarity Member Posts: 3,502
    Hey Pammy, sadly Ive been through the surgery biopsy stage twice in 4yrs, last year at a recurrence, the day before surgery I was admitted, I had the hook wire done, sounds worse than it is. It is purely to mark where the tumor or spot is for the surgeon. The Sentinel Node Biopsy was something else I found, they dont give you any anaesthetic and I had like 6 needles in the nipple. Maybe everyone is different but it wasn't like a pinch, for me it was alot more than that. Amazing what you can do when you have to. Trust your Team, ask lots of questions and hope all goes well. Melinda xo
  • Brenda5
    Brenda5 Member Posts: 2,423
    Yes @socoda my husband said I had a blue hue to me the night after the op. I didn't really notice as I was too tripped out on painkillers and antinausea drugs.