My Faith

kimmi17
kimmi17 Member Posts: 20
Hi everyone, I want to tell you all that I neefef uplifting words & encouragement as I have questioned why I got bc when I am a devout Christian.  Honestly, at times I don't know how to start my prayer as I am deeply hurt & disbelief that I got bc.  I now have to face this & feels like I need to be in this group as I am just by myself on this journey. Please help me to find acceptance & increase my faith that God is with me on this battle.  Thanks

Comments

• SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,445
    HI Kimmi17 
    I want you to know God never leaves us even through the hard stuff like cancer.  Being a devout Christian doesn't stop the illnesses of humanity from touching us. I HATE cancer but I have a stronger faith now that prior to my Diagnosis.... Last week marks 4 years since that day I got told Sorry you have Breast Cancer... I am sorry that I have only just seen this post the new format means I am relearning my way around the Forum. I have also been away for a few days. 

• SoldierCrab
    this is a beautiful love letter from Our heavenly father  here is the link... http://www.fathersloveletter.com/text.html 

Father's Love Letter
    An Intimate Message From God To You.

Listen To Father's Love Letter
    While You Read
    Print A PDF Version Of
    Father's Love Letter
    (Mouse over Bible verses to read Scriptures)

My Child,

You may not know me, 
    but I know everything about you. 

Psalm 139:1

I know when you sit down and when you rise up. 
    Psalm 139:2

I am familiar with all your ways. 
    Psalm 139:3

Even the very hairs on your head are numbered. 
    Matthew 10:29-31

For you were made in my image. 
    Genesis 1:27

In me you live and move and have your being.
    Acts 17:28

For you are my offspring. 
    Acts 17:28

I knew you even before you were conceived. 
    Jeremiah 1:4-5

I chose you when I planned creation. 
    Ephesians 1:11-12

You were not a mistake, 
    for all your days are written in my book. 

Psalm 139:15-16

I determined the exact time of your birth 
    and where you would live. 

Acts 17:26

You are fearfully and wonderfully made. 
    Psalm 139:14

I knit you together in your mother's womb. 
    Psalm 139:13

And brought you forth on the day you were born. 
    Psalm 71:6

I have been misrepresented 
    by those who don't know me.

John 8:41-44

I am not distant and angry, 
    but am the complete expression of love. 

1 John 4:16

And it is my desire to lavish my love on you. 
    1 John 3:1

Simply because you are my child 
    and I am your Father. 

1 John 3:1

I offer you more than your earthly father ever could. 
    Matthew 7:11

For I am the perfect father. 
    Matthew 5:48

Every good gift that you receive comes from my hand. 
    James 1:17

For I am your provider and I meet all your needs. 
    Matthew 6:31-33

My plan for your future has always been filled with hope. 
    Jeremiah 29:11

Because I love you with an everlasting love. 
    Jeremiah 31:3

My thoughts toward you are countless 
    as the sand on the seashore.

Psalms 139:17-18

And I rejoice over you with singing. 
    Zephaniah 3:17

I will never stop doing good to you. 
    Jeremiah 32:40

For you are my treasured possession. 
    Exodus 19:5

I desire to establish you
    with all my heart and all my soul. 

Jeremiah 32:41

And I want to show you great and marvelous things. 
    Jeremiah 33:3

If you seek me with all your heart, 
    you will find me. 

Deuteronomy 4:29

Delight in me and I will give you 
    the desires of your heart. 

Psalm 37:4

For it is I who gave you those desires. 
    Philippians 2:13

I am able to do more for you 
    than you could possibly imagine. 

Ephesians 3:20

For I am your greatest encourager. 
    2 Thessalonians 2:16-17

I am also the Father who comforts you 
    in all your troubles. 

2 Corinthians 1:3-4

When you are brokenhearted, 
    I am close to you. 

Psalm 34:18

As a shepherd carries a lamb, 
    I have carried you close to my heart. 

Isaiah 40:11

One day I will wipe away 
    every tear from your eyes. 

Revelation 21:3-4

And I'll take away all the pain 
    you have suffered on this earth.

Revelation 21:3-4

I am your Father, and I love you 
    even as I love my son, Jesus.

John 17:23

For in Jesus, my love for you is revealed. 
    John 17:26

He is the exact representation of my being. 
    Hebrews 1:3

He came to demonstrate that I am for you, 
    not against you. 

Romans 8:31

And to tell you that I am not counting your sins.
    2 Corinthians 5:18-19

Jesus died so that you and I could be reconciled. 
    2 Corinthians 5:18-19

His death was the ultimate expression 
    of my love for you. 

1 John 4:10

I gave up everything I loved
    that I might gain your love. 

Romans 8:31-32

If you receive the gift of my son Jesus, 
    you receive me. 

1 John 2:23

And nothing will ever separate you 
    from my love again.

Romans 8:38-39

Come home and I'll throw the biggest party 
    heaven has ever seen.

Luke 15:7

I have always been Father, 
    and will always be Father.

Ephesians 3:14-15

My question is…
    Will you be my child? 

John 1:12-13

I am waiting for you. 
    Luke 15:11-32

Love, Your Dad
    Almighty God

Permission to reprint: 
    Please feel free to copy and paste the text of Father's Love Letter and share with others. We only ask that you use the Father's Love Letter text in its entirety, that you do not use it for commercial purposes (other than magazine and book publishing) and that you include the following copyright notice wherever it is displayed...

Father's Love Letter used by permission
    Father Heart Communications ©1999 FathersLoveLetter.com 

• SoldierCrab
    Tell us a bit about what is happening Kimmi17 ... have you had surgery or treatment yet ? what support do you need? have you got a breast Care nurse? 
  • Ne
    Ne Member Posts: 336

Kimmi, I want to encourage you today.

I am a reborn Christian and have a relationship with God.  For many years my relationship was based on a whole lot of 'religion' and hardly any relationship until I realised that God does not was more interested in a relationship with us than us being religious.  The difference is that when we don't know his heart which we can only discover through a relationship, it is very very easy for us to question Him and even blame him for what goes on in the world.  What I discovered was that He does not inflict any pain on any of his children and for us to have believed that for many years (the whole, if I do something wrong, God will punish me scenario) is just Satan's deceitful way of hindering us from having peace with God.

This world is full of sin, and through sin, death, illness, war etc came into the world.  God says in his word that we will encounter many challenges/tribulations.  We suffer in the world as a result of sin.  We can however have relationship with a loving father who sustains us in the midst of adversity.  Death is the most natural thing on earth and part of the life cycle no matter how it happens, accidents, sickness, old age....all the same thing.  I think once we make peace with that and realise death is not 'given by God' but part of life, we can be at peace.  No one is stepping off this earth allive ever.  God does not "give' his strongest the heavier crosses to bear because no loving Father 'gives' his children pain. Often you will here people say "God only gives his strongest children the heaviest crosses to bear"...THAT IS THE BIGGEST LIE EVER!  God does not "give' his strongest the heavier crosses to bear because no loving Fater 'gives' his children pain.  God did not look at you or me one day and thought mmmm she looks strong, lets give her some breast cancer!..He doesn't play Monopoly with our lives.  But because of sayings like this that many well meaning Christians gets caught up in saying because it feels empowering at the time to say it to a person faced with adversity, we do not realise the damage such a statement makes and how contradictory it actually is!  God didn't GIVE you a disease!  He is there to sustain us through disease yes but he didn't punish you!

I love father God, He has sustained me in the worst times and he will do so untill the day I die, he will be there to love me unconditionally.  Yes he has the power to do miracles but we can't mannipulate God to do miracles, if he does, it will be for a bigger plan.  If he doesn't it is still for a bigger plan.  I have had many people say to me that they have learned so much through my cancer journey and they grew so much spiritually because of the way I handled everything.  Which left me to think God were able to touch many lives through my illness, and if that is the case, it was worth it.  God reaches people through adversity too not just through miracles.

I hope my brabbling makes sense and I speak only of my own experience with God and what I feel He has done for me through my life and what the Holy Spirit has convinced me off.  We will always have good and bad times.  God has never promised no pain or no sickness or no war, but he has promised to hold us and be near us and lift us up if we lean on Him during those times.  As for scripture classes or learning about the meaning of life, I can highly reccomend the new testament of the Holy Bible.  God would love to meet you there!  No one can explain the 'meaning' of life and suffering better than God himself. He loves you so much!

Blessings and hugs

Rene

http://natepyle.com/confronting-the-lie-god-wont-give-you-more-than-you-can-handle/

God does not "give' his strongest the heavier crosses to bear because no loving Fater 'gives' his children pain. 

• Tracey62
    Tracey62 Member Posts: 298
    Rene, I love your brabbling, it makes a lot of sense. I was really saddened to have Christian friends pray over me asking that God would reveal to me my sin that had bought on bc. So many people think of God as a punishing God and never know the joy that there is now no condemnation for those in Christ Jesus. Amazing how folk hold on to part of a scripture without looking at the whole verse: I want to know Christ and the power of His resurrection, TO SHARE IN THE FELLOWSHIP OF HIS SUFFERING. To share your time of suffering with the Lord is such an intimate season of walking close to Him, if nothing else ever came from my bc, then simply a closer relationship with Jesus makes it meaningful. Praise God that He never wastes a tragedy, but always, always, ALWAYS bring all things for His glory and our good, even if we can't see it at the time.
  • SoldierCrab
    Amen to both of your posts @Ne and @Tracey62    God is our loving father....  
  • au0rei
    au0rei Member Posts: 248
    Hi @Soldier Crab @kimmi17 @Ne @Tracey62 I am so glad to find you ladies.

I have been a Christian for more than 2 decades but it was only through this cancer episode that God has broken down many wrong foundations built through the years. I totally agree with you @Ne cos the devil has successfully deceived me that my God is a God who is waiting to punish me for my sins. I somehow have a really strong conscience and the devil has taken advantage of that. For years I have been living under law! I was using my own efforts to please God. Actually Jesus has already put the robe of righteousness on me but I always shed it off and tried to wear my own righteousness by my own good works and legalism. God is teaching me anew and I am still learning that the devil cannot condemn me any further for my failures! And I am saturating my mind and heart with the Word of God to renew it as I tend to dwell on negative thoughts. I want to share some sermons that have transformed my mind!

https://youtu.be/kFZOYofuPck

https://youtu.be/8Tu6bxcCqvs

These two Princes' sermons are so amazing and really strengthened my faith. There are lots other sermons when you search for them on You tube.

May the Lord Jesus bless you and strengthen your faith, and mine! :)

xxx