Underwire bra

Gerryb
Gerryb Member Posts: 106
Hi ladies
When can you go back to wearing underwire bras? I am 22F although I found a post surgery bra, I can't wait to get out of it. My surgery involved a lumpectomy to the front of the breast.

Comments

• primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    When it feels comfortable.
  • Tracey62
    Tracey62 Member Posts: 298
    Hi Gerry, my surgeon said as long as the scar didn't sit on the line of the wire, I could wear underwire anytime. Unfortunately for me, the wire crosses over the scar and even a year on from surgery gets quite sore if I wear the underwire. Have gone to soft form bras with really good support but they can be hard to find. Did find my breast had a lot of swelling from radiation, which lasted months, and the post-op bra gave really good support. A girls just gotta be comfortable  :)
  • Ne
    Ne Member Posts: 336
    I find underwire extremely painful and I was wondering if it had to do with the scar/internal incission where the donor skin was stiched into my muscle to create the 'hammock' the surgeon needed for the expanders and now silicone.  I have bought new bras since my changeover surgery 1 Aug and they are all wireless but when I do try to wear one of my old bras the wire is just too painful. 
  • ScorpionQueen
    ScorpionQueen Member Posts: 768
    HI Gerry! I too wondered what i would do after my lumpectomy as I was a 14HH....no post op bra to fit me at all! I managed by wearing two tank tops to try and support me through chemo....Then I actually took the wires out of one of my bras and wore it only when i went out.....I have since had a bi lateral mastectomy with expanders and am now a much much smaller size....( I am happy about that part!) I started to wear the crop top style bras, but that soon stopped as it was putting too much pressure on the "band" under my 'foobs' ....and now with the radiation burns it's impossible! I asked the PS if I need to wear a bra at all and he said no....so the first time in my life I am walking around braless!....I guess once I have my transfer I'll wear soft cup bras.....It is really hard to find good, let me rephrase that 'comfortable' bras for fuller busts at the best of times, let alone when you get BC and can't actually wear one! I hope you can find something that works for you.....best wishes - Tracy