1st Day back at Work

primek
primek Member Posts: 5,392
edited October 2016 in Day to day
Well...10 weeks since my last dose of chemo. Having a short break from herceptin due to heart issues (down to 44%) but that has recovered so will be restarting soon.  
So today is my 1st day back to work. 4 hours a day 5 days per week..review in 4 weeks. Of course I have an oncology appointment today at the same hospital I work so it will be a longer than planned day. And tomorrow there is the physio appt. But hey...life is starting to move on. My energy levels are so much better. I am really glad I opted to wait 4 additional weeks before returning..it was the best decision for me. I still can't  do all that I used to...but at least now I have the energy to at least try.

Have a great day all. Kath x

Every day may not be good
But there is something good in every day
(We just have to find it ❤)
Tagged:

Comments

• socoda
    socoda Member Posts: 1,767
    All the best Kath - hope the return to work goes nice and smoothly for you. Xx Cath
  • Tracey62
    Tracey62 Member Posts: 298
    Hi Kath, thinking of you today as you return to work. Keep away from all the bugs n germs if that's possible. Enjoy the day
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,543
    Enjoy your return to work - a sign of some sort of normality returning.  Take care xx
  • ScorpionQueen
    ScorpionQueen Member Posts: 768
    Have a great day Kath! Best wishes for your appointments too
  • ccasper
    ccasper Dragonfly Posts: 190
    Well done kath. Hope it all goes well for you! X
  • kayvie
    kayvie Member Posts: 157
    Hope your transition back to work is smooth. Another step on the road to the new normal.  Good luck with the appointments too!
  • Deanne
    Deanne Member Posts: 2,163
    Hope your day went well. It is another step to a new future. Love your new profile pic too! xxx
  • Jane221
    Jane221 Member Posts: 1,193
    Best wishes for a happy and smooth return to work xx
  • Michelle_R
    Michelle_R Member Posts: 901
    Hope your day went really well Kath, and your oncology appointment too. Your new photo is lovely!  Michelle x
  • Hopes_and_Dreams
    Hopes_and_Dreams Member Posts: 760
    Good on you for not returning work until YOU were ready Kath.  Hope you have had a great day and you week gets better and better.  Jane xx
  • melclarity
    melclarity Member Posts: 3,502
    Kath!
    Thats great a positive step forward! Just go very easy back into it if you can, as I found I was ok for a few months then hit a wall and went backwards. Bit by bit will lead to success. :) Melinda 
  • Pinkkittykat
    Pinkkittykat Member Posts: 37
    Hi Kath, enjoy being back and getting back into the swing of things at work, hope it all goes well for you!
  • rowdy
    rowdy Member Posts: 1,165
    Hey hope your day went well
  • wooda
    wooda Member Posts: 22
    Good for you, hope it all went well!
  • primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    Hi All. Just dropping in to say all going well. Getting tired as the week goes on but have remained busy even after work which is good. Heart has recovered to 56% so will be back on the Herceptin soon.