Finally finished!

Batwoman
Batwoman Member Posts: 39
edited October 2016 in General discussion
     Finally finished and happy with the result. 6 years, 9 operations, 3 surgeons. Double mastectomy, 1 failed reconstruction, Lat Dorsi transfer and a second reconstruction after all the badly burned skin from radiation was removed. They look fabulous in clothes.

Comments

• socoda
    socoda Member Posts: 1,767
    Batwoman!!! (Love the na na na na na na na na name!!!) Huge Congratulations on finishing your surgeries and reconstruction. What a long haul!!!  Excellent that you are happy with the result. You look fantastic. All the best. Xx Cath
  • WavingNotDrowning
    WavingNotDrowning Member Posts: 48

Hi Batwoman.  Well done on your perseverance and strength to get there in the end.  Can I ask how you got badly burned from rads?  Currently 5 sessions in and not too happy about continuing.  Cheers

• Hopes_and_Dreams
    Hopes_and_Dreams Member Posts: 760
    Wow, what a cause for celebration Batwoman!  You are amazing and look fantastic.  Congratulations  wishing you all the best,  Jane x
  • primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    Your smile says it all.
  • Jodie123
    Jodie123 Member Posts: 14
    Congratulations. You are amazing. So pleased for you. Wishing you all the happiness in the world. 
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,540
    Woo hoo!  What a journey and what a result! Congrats and enjoy looking good in clothes but most importantly feeling good!  Take care from Christine
  • melclarity
    melclarity Member Posts: 3,502
    You are beaming Batwoman!!! Congratulations!!! So great to hear of your journey. Big hugs for continued happiness!! Melinda xo
  • rowdy
    rowdy Member Posts: 1,165
    Hey doing happy dance , your smile says it all. Long trip for you so happy you can now move on.
  • Ne
    Ne Member Posts: 336
    Well done on persevering through it all.  What a challenging road you have travelled!  You look happy and healthy and I am so happy for you x
  • Karenhappyquilter
    Karenhappyquilter Member Posts: 242
    Fabulous 
  • Jane221
    Jane221 Member Posts: 1,193
    Fantastic, you did it! Love your beaming smile, says it all really xx
  • mum2jj
    mum2jj Member Posts: 4,323
    Yay Yay Yay,
    Look at you, and well you may smile.
    Congratulations on getting there.

Paula xxxx
  • ScorpionQueen
    ScorpionQueen Member Posts: 768
    Yaaaaayyyyy! *does happy dance*

Your smile says it all! You look fantastic.......
    A big congratulatory hug!

- Tracy
  • Debza
    Debza Member Posts: 27
    edited October 2016
    Who hoo thanks for sharing,gutsy determined enchanting and courageous :-) :-) :-)!!
  • Batwoman
    Batwoman Member Posts: 39
    Thank you everyone. Apparently it's not quite over yet. One of the implants moved and now I need more tests to see if it's bleeding underneath and more surgery if it is. Oh well. I'll keep you informed, ultrasound on the 21st. It's all good, I would just prefer not to have to do a 600km round trip at this time of the year.