Rest in Peace

Beery
Beery Dragonfly Posts: 64

Hi there,

This is Sue's daughter Tina.

Mum always said the most frustrating thing about the Breast Cancer Network was when people just disappeared and you didn't know what happened to them - well you do, but it would be nice to know the full story. Well here's Mum's story.

Mum moved in with me about 12 weeks ago for that support that you all encouraged her to get. She stopped all treatment (radiation, chemo etc) after the brain tumours and whole of brain radiation and was just taking medicine to keep her comfortable and maintain her quality of life (pain medication, anti-nausea and some steriods).

While she was here we went to morning teas (including a high tea), lunches, the art gallery, the museum, she took her granddaughters to Disney on Ice, we ate chippies and watched movies and went for scenic drives. We weren't ruled by hospital visits for treatment although there were still regular doctors appointments these were no longer the focus of our lives.

We will cherish this time with her forever.

On the 23rd of July 2016, Mum passed away peacefully in her sleep. 

Comments

• iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,540
    edited July 2016

Hi Tina

Thank you for letting us know about your Mum, Sue.  It's always hits hard when it is someone we know of...............although we don't physically meet we virtually meet and share and support where we can and send positive vibes.

It sounds likeSue's last few weeks were at a more peaceful pace and you were able to create wonderful memories for your children as well as yourself.

It is never easy losing your Mum, no matter what age you are...........

Take care

Christine xx

• San-Dee
    San-Dee Member Posts: 99
    edited July 2016

Hi Tina,

I don't know what to say other than I am so sorry for your loss. It sounds like you and your mum were so close and it's wonderful to hear you were able to spend such beautiful times with her. 

Thank you for letting us know.

Take care of yourself and treasure the memories.

Hugs

San-Dee

• ScorpionQueen
    ScorpionQueen Member Posts: 768
    edited July 2016

Thanks you for taking the time to let us know....I am so sorry for your loss Tina....

I am so glad you got to spend some quality time with your Mum....real quality time without the stress of appointments and such...

Heaven has gained another Angel and she will watch over you all always. You will know when she is around <3

Love and light to you and yours

xx

• ScorpionQueen
    ScorpionQueen Member Posts: 768
    edited July 2016

Rest easy now Sue......your fight was a valiant one.....rest easy now 

• rowdy
    rowdy Member Posts: 1,165
    edited July 2016

Thank you Tina my heart goes  out to you in your time of loss. Your mum was right we don't know what happens to people when they leave the  site so thank you very much for letting us know. Sending you  and your family a big hug. I'm so happy to hear she spent her last days with you and family these will be cherished memories for you all xxxxx

• Brenda5
    Brenda5 Member Posts: 2,423
    edited July 2016

Condolences and hard on you but good on you mum, surrounded by friends and family rather than a hospital bed.  At least you all knew the cause and weren't frustrated by something undiagnosed and everyone got used to the idea it was soon time to go. Goodbyes are important and a blessing. Not everyone gets that opportunity. Thank you for letting us know Tina.

• Jane_Elizabeth
    Jane_Elizabeth Member Posts: 158
    edited July 2016

Condolences to you and your family on the loss of your mum. It was a great gift that your mum gave you, to let you look after her. Jane

• Cosette
    Cosette Member Posts: 637
    edited July 2016

Hi Tina. I'm very sorry for your loss. On behalf of BCNA, I would like to extend our deepest condolences to you and your family. Thank you for taking time to let us know. Sue was a valuable member of our community and she'll be missed.

We'll update our records so that we don't send anything to your mum's address.

• Piak
    Piak Member Posts: 26
    edited July 2016

My deepest sympathy Tina and thanks for letting us know.  It is very nice of you to support her and give her final happy weeks with you and your family.

Piak

• socoda
    socoda Member Posts: 1,767
    edited July 2016

Hi Tina,

It sounds like you gave your mum a magnificent time before your final goodbyes. How wonderful for Sue, you and the little ones to spend such special time together and to be able to have those precious memories that can be treasured throughout our lives.  All the best to you and your family. Xx Cath

• wendy_h67
    wendy_h67 Member, Dragonfly Posts: 466
    edited July 2016

Hi Tina, I am sorry for your loss. Your mother was a good on line friend and I know she battled hard against this horrible disease.  I'm glad she had some quality time with her family and grand children. She can now rest in peace.  Love Wendy H 67 

• Cook65
    Cook65 Member Posts: 733
    edited July 2016

Hi Tina,

I'm so very so for your loss. Thank you for taking the time to let us know. Our thoughts are with you and your family at this very sad time for you all. Take care, Karen xox

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Orbost, VictoriaPosts: 0
    edited July 2016

Hi Tina,

My brother Les died of stomach cancer within 6 months of diagnosis. I feel your pain, and understand your grief. Sending you nd your family my sympathy and support during this difficult time. 

Warmest of wishes, Tracey ♥?

• jd48
    jd48 Member Posts: 484
    edited July 2016

Tina I am so sorry for your loss. 

It does sound that at least you and Sue got to have some prescious family time and that you have made her final months trully happy.

Thank you for letting up know and take care of yourself at this difficult time.

Hugs ????????????

Jel.

• tul
    tul Member Posts: 13
    edited July 2016

This brings me to tears.

I was not next to my mum when she passed the way, as oceans seperated between us.

Keep well and keep her memories forever.