FINALLY

Cate64
Cate64 Member Posts: 446
edited September 2016 in Day to day

So, I made a pact with myself that after the Jane McGrath Signature High Tea (which was last Saturday - &, I might add a really great afternoon) that I would from then on remain wigless & just rock the pixie cut my own hair has become.

I almost didn't but - yesterday, was my first day at work with no wig, I was very nervous but everyone was great.

I hadn't made it widely known I was ill & having treatment as I had worked throughout chemo & my wig was very like my own hair, Im sure though some had guessed or heard rumours particularly seeing as how one of the toilets was made out of limits for a week each chemo cycle but - no one asked me any awkward questions or made me feel anxious in fact, they all made me feel great so here I am again today at work rocking a pixie cut...

Cate

Tagged:

Comments

• rowdy
    rowdy Member Posts: 1,165
    edited August 2016

You go girl the first time you go out without  wig is scary, I still remember the looks. Pixie look cool xx

• SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,445
    edited August 2016

what an awesome conquer you are .... we can rock this disease and all the bits that come to us through this ...  

Alice 

• socoda
    socoda Member Posts: 1,767
    edited August 2016

Yayyyyyyyy!!!! That is fantastic Cate. Must be such an awesome confidence boost - and how cool that you felt good enough to do it again. Just think of all the possible hairstyles it opens up now and you won't be afraid to try any style that your heart desires ;-)  Xx Cath

• DoubleD
    DoubleD Member Posts: 16
    edited August 2016

Hi. I only ever wore my wig twice (so if anyone is interested I have a lovely wig hardly used!). Initially wore hat or scarf working in ED but my head was too hot and uncomfortable so gave up. No-one seemed to notice! Apart from when I took my friend's girls to see Disney on ice. I felt so uncomfortable I asked the girls if they minded if I removed my wig. They were fine with it (they were used to my bald head) but it was a bit of a surprise to the child sitting in front. Hair one minute, gone the next!!!

• SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,445
    edited August 2016

Oh double that made me giggle that was similar to me ... I went to lunch with my daughter got really hot and whipped off my scarf to cool down poor kid sitting near us said to their mum oh look that lady has no hair now 

LOL I could just imagine the kid in front of you... :D 

• Melhay
    Melhay Member Posts: 157
    edited August 2016

Loved reading this positive & inspiring post - go you!!  :) xx