Friday Update!

Options
Ann-Marie
Ann-Marie Member Posts: 1,142
edited November 2016 in Community news and events

Hello everyone and welcome to the Friday update! It’s hard to believe it’s the middle of the year already. How did we get here so fast?
Community Highlights
We have 25 new members. Please give a warm welcome to poldol, Bluewren, sundaristar, Khez and all our new members. This week we had 34 posts and 327 comments. The Online Network has seen a number of newly diagnosed members share their journey with us this week. Overwhelmed, emotions, denial and scary times are just some of the words that have been expressed. Having someone there who understands all these emotions and feelings can be very comforting, so thank you to all the members that have provided support to our new members.
Here are some of those post's -

BCNA News & Events
Have you seen our amazing new Pink Lady watches designed specifically for BCNA by our partners Lluis&Co.? Click Here to get yours today! 10% of the sale of all Lluis&Co. watches is donated directly to BCNA.

BCNA is pleased to release the newly updated Fertility-related choices booklet, an information resource for young women who have recently been diagnosed with breast cancer.

BCNA Vietnamese Information Forums - Vietnamese women affected by breast cancer are invited to attend Breast Cancer Network Australia’s (BCNA) free information forum. The forum will address the medical, physical and emotional aspects of a breast cancer diagnosis. BCNA is hosting two forums - the first on 9 July 2016 in Sunshine North and the second on 20 July 2016 in Springvale.

Have a lovely weekend everyone,
Ann-Marie x

Vietnamese women affected by breast cancer are invited to attend Breast Cancer Network Australia’s (BCNA) free information forum. The forum will address the medical, physical and emotional aspects of a breast cancer diagnosis - See more at: https://www.bcna.org.au/events/2016/bu%E1%BB%95i-th%C3%B4ng-tin-v%E1%BB%81-b%E1%BB%87nh-ung-th%C6%B0-v%C3%BA-mi%E1%BB%85n-ph%C3%AD-d%C3%A0nh-cho-ph%E1%BB%A5-n%E1%BB%AF-ng%C6%B0%E1%BB%9Di-vi%E1%BB%87t/#sthash.Jt03dw31.dpuf

Comments

• TeddyBear
    TeddyBear Member Posts: 13
    edited July 2016
    Options

Hi Ann Marie,

This is Brenda (TeddyBear). I spoke to you yesterday on the phone. You managed to talk me through how to join 'Living with secondary breast cancer'. I have logged on today to find that when I hover over 'Post' I can see 'My blog', but no 'Living with secondary breast cancer' link. Therefore I can still not see people's posts in this group. This is exactly what happened last year when I requested to join. Maybe I'm still doing something wrong, but it's very frustrating!!!!!! Please help. Thanks. 

Brenda

• Ann-Marie
    Ann-Marie Member Posts: 1,142
    edited July 2016
    Options

Hi Brenda,

I am onto it and have just messaged you.

Ann-Marie

• primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    edited July 2016
    Options

Bluewrens blog is set to private so we can't  offer her support unless she has linked us personally in. Just letting you know. Kath.

• Brenda5
    Brenda5 Member Posts: 2,423
    edited July 2016
    Options

End of the financial year yay! Amazing how fast I can get our tax return in when there's a little refund in the wings.