Friday Update

Ann-Marie
Ann-Marie Member Posts: 1,142
edited November 2016 in Community news and events

Hi everyone,
Welcome to the Friday update where we share you with some information about the online network and what's happening within BCNA.
Community Highlights
We had 22 new members join the online network this week from all over Australia. Please welcome sammi17, Neptune 6, Krissy32, Bee123 and all the other new members. There were 50 posts and 334 comments this week. A big thank you to everyone who shared a post about their journey/what they are experiencing & an even bigger thank you to everyone who has provided support through wonderful comments. You may have missed these three posts, all from different stages of members journeys -

BCNA News & Events
Held in rural, regional and metropolitan locations around Australia, our Information Forums are free events for women and men diagnosed with breast cancer, and their partners, family and supporters. The BCNA team are getting ready and looking forward to a big week of forums in Perth, Busselton and Kalgoorlie. Click here for more information - We hope to see you there!

(Image from Burnie Forum)

‘Spa Day for Breast Cancer’ is coming up on Thursday 23 and Friday 24 June. $10 from every spa treatment at participating Day Spas around Australia will be donated to BCNA. Click here to book your place now!

The Beacon is our free quarterly magazine for women and men with breast cancer and their families and friends. There is a great article around Art therapy in our "Ask the expert" section and some amazing personal stories in the latest issue. Read more here.

Did you know we have a section on our website for information on local events happening in your state? To find out what's on - click here.

Have a lovely weekend everyone,
Ann-Marie x

Comments

• iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,540
    edited June 2016

Thank you for putting my post up as a Feature Post - I think it is hilarious to open up the forum and find a bull staring.

I can't emphasis enough the value of the Otis Foundation and what they offer in an opportunity for us all to have time out varing from 3 to 6 nights.  This week has been what I call my yukky medical appointments and the week before as time out was a good lead into this week.  Survived the yukky appointments, as we do!

Have a great weekend and keep up the good work!  It is greatly appreciated by me!

Take care from Christine xx

• Ann-Marie
    Ann-Marie Member Posts: 1,142
    edited June 2016

The bull is terrific! Thank you for sharing how much you enjoyed your trip away with Otis Foundation, they are just wonderful. Thank you Christine x