Why not join the Living with metastatic private group? Access group via the link here.

Living with a second diagnosis

rosa64
rosa64 Member Posts: 3
edited September 2016 in Metastatic breast cancer

Hi,

I'm a 46 yrold mother with 3 daughters. Back in 2008 i was diagnosed with early breast cancer. (grade 1-2) I had a lumpectomy and a full right auxillary clearance.... did the chemo, radio.........yuk. And now, last week (17/9/10)  diagnosed with metastic cancer of the spine.......shock, bewilderment, but most of all anger...... You take the drugs they give you, you complain of a back ache and no-one picks up that it could be cancer......I feel mis-led.........

Comments

• Di_BCNA
    Di_BCNA Member Posts: 896
    edited March 2015

Hi Rosa, welcome to the online network.:)

I'm not sure if you're interested, but I wanted to let you know that there are some women with advanced breast cancer who have formed a group in the online network that you can request to join. It's here: http://bcna.org.au/group/4218.  --Di

• rosa64
    edited March 2015

I have just learned that I have a small tumour in my liver now.........apparently been there since my last diagnosis in sept '10.  Further blow, but hey, shit happens.............. ist still breast cancer and can be treated concurrently with the cancer in my spine. Im currently on `aromasin' and this appears to be keeping the cancer in control. I only have to worry about the surgery on my spine and liver whenever they arise...............

• rosa64
    edited March 2015

I have just learned that I have a small tumour in my liver now.........apparently been there since my last diagnosis in sept '10.  Further blow, but hey, shit happens.............. ist still breast cancer and can be treated concurrently with the cancer in my spine. Im currently on `aromasin' and this appears to be keeping the cancer in control. I only have to worry about the surgery on my spine and liver whenever they arise...............

• TonyaM
    TonyaM Member Posts: 2,835
    edited March 2015

Hi Rosa,

It's so unfair that you were only 46yrs old  and got bcancer.What's even more unfair is that you bravely went through all those horrible treatments only to have it return.I had my first breast cancer at 47 and had same treatment as you except for chemo.Last year,7yrs later,it came back in the same breast,same spot -so much for radiation! So ofcourse had mastectomy and chemo.and hoping I'll be ok for now. You are just gutted when it comes back.I can only imagine what you must be feeling. You try to figure out why but there is no answer.Thinking of you tonight.

Tonya xx

• TonyaM
    TonyaM Member Posts: 2,835
    edited March 2015

Hi Rosa,

It's so unfair that you were only 46yrs old  and got bcancer.What's even more unfair is that you bravely went through all those horrible treatments only to have it return.I had my first breast cancer at 47 and had same treatment as you except for chemo.Last year,7yrs later,it came back in the same breast,same spot -so much for radiation! So ofcourse had mastectomy and chemo.and hoping I'll be ok for now. You are just gutted when it comes back.I can only imagine what you must be feeling. You try to figure out why but there is no answer.Thinking of you tonight.

Tonya xx