Happy Easter

Cook65
Cook65 Member Posts: 733
edited September 2016 in Day to day

Good morning everyone

I just wanted to wish you all a lovely Easter doing what makes you happy with the people that you love. For those of you who are not feeling so fantastic today, we are here, tomorrow is another day and life will soon be good again. 

Karen xox

Tagged:

Comments

• Arleene
    Arleene Member Posts: 238
    edited March 2016

Hi Karen,

I hope you have a lovely Easter, I plan to enjoy the rest of my Easter with my family, I have finished all active treatment now and as a precaution I had my ovaries and tubes removed so I am recovering from that and I am now on Exemestane yeah I made it, I did the Easter Egg Hunt with my daughter this morning which is a tradition and as we live in Darwin it has to be done inside and I leave a trail of cotton balls, she loved it and the easter bunny came to her dad and her grandma, so far it's been a fun easter sunday have a great Easter to you and your family.

Take Care

Anita xx

• rowdy
    rowdy Member Posts: 1,165
    edited March 2016

Happy Easter back at you. My Easter consists of sitting around feeling miserable as I have a blocked nose and feel lousy. On the positive I was up early this morning and made green tomato pickles, looks good at least I have done something today.

• Brenda5
    Brenda5 Member Posts: 2,423
    edited March 2016

Happy Easter. We hadn't done any shopping before Easter so we snuck in today while the shops are quiet and did a Coles shop. The bakery was open out the front and she was selling big bags of iced donuts for $5 stuffed full. We bought a couple for Easter.  Well its bordering on healthy food. Better than chocolate easter eggs, but she had put a couple of those in the bags as well!

• GeorginaMary
    GeorginaMary Member Posts: 63
    edited March 2016

Happy Easter.  I am still in hospital recovering from Tuesday's right breast mastectomy and reconstruction and left breast reduction to match.  Epworth Eastern in Melbourne added an Easter card and a little cellophane bag of small Easter eggs to every breakfast tray and the food delivery staff wore bunny ears.  It was a lovely gesture.

• iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,540
    edited March 2016

Wow that was nice of them to do that. Hope you're comfortable and taking it easy.

My Mastectomy was at Epworth East Melb and the staff were very caring.

Take care 

Christine xx 

• Ann-Marie
    Ann-Marie Member Posts: 1,142
    edited March 2016

Happy Easter Karen, I hope you are having a lovely weekend xx

• Cook65
    edited March 2016

Congratulations on the finishing your treatment Anita. Sounds like you've had a lovely Easter with your girl. Xox

• Cook65
    edited March 2016

Oh no Rowdy, what a shame you are feeling yuk. Put some chilli in those green tomato pickles and knock that blocked nose for a six! Hope you feel better soon xox

• Cook65
    edited March 2016

Oooh Brenda. Donuts and chocolate!!!! I'd be in heaven. Yum xox

• Cook65
    edited March 2016

Hi Georgina, I hope you are resting up and feeling ok. That was a lovely thing for the staff to do.  I have had dealings with Epworth in the past and we always found the staff to be very caring. I hope you are home soon. Xox

• Cook65
    edited March 2016

Thanks Ann-Marie,

it has been a lovely Easter although very quiet. Xox

• Deanne
    Deanne Member Posts: 2,163
    edited March 2016

Happy Easter to you too, Karen. Deanne xxx

PS. I must have jinxed myself after sprouting on about not having had as much as a cold since treatment ended! Just getting over one now!! A bit of chocolate seems to be helping me recover quickly ??.

• Ann-Marie
    Ann-Marie Member Posts: 1,142
    edited March 2016

I hope you have all had a lovely Easter weekend xx

• Cook65
    edited March 2016

Chocolate fixes everything