Mantra share

InkPetal
InkPetal Member Posts: 499
edited September 2016 in Day to day

What healing motto, mantra, sayings, or even just comforting words, have actually helped carry yourself through ordeals? 

If you don't mind sharing, I'd like to collect a few to illustrate for the project, and also just have a few that might uplift me or calm me when the dookie has finished with the hitting of the fan and moved on to spraying everything in the immediate vicinity.

So far all I've got scribbled down is "I am resilient. I can."

Fantastic news on that note... not the dookie note, the project note. Although very early days, a hospital has shown interest in helping me make it a reality. I'll have a conference with them toward mid-April to talk about how we'll go ahead and they're thinking launch in September. Got to get my wriggle on.

Tagged:

Comments

• Ann-Marie
    Ann-Marie Member Posts: 1,142
    edited March 2016

Super excited for your project this is fantastic news x

• ScorpionQueen
    ScorpionQueen Member Posts: 768
    edited March 2016

That's excellent news! Congratulations! 

Myour perseverance will pay off 

xx

• jd48
    jd48 Member Posts: 484
    edited March 2016

'Nothing can beet me and there is nothing I cannot achieve if I put my mind to it' is what I live by...

Got me tbrough 3 'near death' experiences over the past 19 years as health has been rubbish for a while now and had few doctors write me off even few times.

Not that the big guy 'upstairs' felt I needed yet another health challenge and dealt me BC I think I will just keep with my moto as there is no way this is going to beat me. Pleanning to kick cancer's behind in a big way

• Cook65
    Cook65 Member Posts: 733
    edited March 2016

I had two!

1) short term pain for long term gain

2) life is about choices. I choose to be happy

good luck with your project. Karen xox

• Jane221
    Jane221 Member Posts: 1,193
    edited March 2016

An oldie but one I use a lot: This too shall pass...

Good luck with your project xx

• Brenda5
    Brenda5 Member Posts: 2,423
    edited March 2016

• Brenda5
    Brenda5 Member Posts: 2,423
    edited March 2016

This is a touching song written by Glen Campbell to his wife as he was going down with Alzheimer's but I like to think of the words being me saying this to breast cancer, I'm not gonna miss you.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8TsAh-zYFI

• Karenhappyquilter
    Karenhappyquilter Member Posts: 242
    edited March 2016

The serenity prayer and try to live in the now, not the past or the future.

• ScorpionQueen
    ScorpionQueen Member Posts: 768
    edited March 2016

My Mantra is 

Stay strong, Breathe, Believe

Good luck with your projects Inkpetal! I'm waiting for my side effects to rack off so i can get back to my drawing... :/

P.S - My daughter has hand scribed my mantra too you can check it out at

https://www.facebook.com/An-ordinary-womans-extraordinary-experience-755583577912529/