Time for another change ... aka alternate route ahead!

donnafischer
donnafischer Dragonfly Posts: 144
edited September 2016 in Day to day

Woops!!!! Here we go again.  Just got back from my appointment with my surgeon to get the results from my bone scan and ct scan (which I'd already gotten from my gp/boss yesterday) So I assumed that we'd just be confirming and discussing my surgery for this coming Thursday.... WRONG! woops I forgot that my surgeon had done a second biopsy on my neck swelling. Guess what, this one came back positive for cancer in the glands. Thank god I got those results yesterday as I would be sitting in a corner rocking back and forth about now. So the plan has changed. After consultation with a professor in Brisbane, I am being fast tracked to chemo etc urgently and will be reviewed in three months to see how I'm travelling and review the need for a mastectomy then. Guess what, on the weekend I had a cathartic clean out of my wardrobe and got rid of clothes that wouldnt fit after my mastectomy. LOL      OOPS.

Comments

• Tracey62
    Tracey62 Member Posts: 298
    edited March 2016

Oh Donna, feeling for you ?? Still thankful that your scans were all clear and thinking of you as you head in to chemo xXx

• skitzy
    skitzy Member Posts: 180
    edited March 2016

I'm really sorry to hear your news Donna, but the good thing is the bone & CT scan are clear.

I think it happens quite a lot where chemo comes before surgery, a friend of mine is going through chemo at the moment & will have her mastectomy when the chemo & radiation are over.

You are in my thoughts & I am sending you a big hug.

Eileen xx

• Lindyloo
    Lindyloo Member Posts: 146
    edited March 2016

Same route I took. Glad that your dr's on to it quick!

• Michelle_R
    Michelle_R Member Posts: 901
    edited March 2016

So sorry to hear the news, Donna - sending you a big virtual hug.  Chemo will knock it out of the park, so the sooner you start the better. Keep in touch so we all know how you are doing. xxx  Michelle

• Cook65
    Cook65 Member Posts: 733
    edited March 2016

Hi Donna,

sorry to hear the news. Glad they are getting on top of it all quickly. In regards to the clothes, sounds like some retail therapy is in order! Good luck. Karen xox

• rowdy
    rowdy Member Posts: 1,165
    edited March 2016

Oh Donna so sorry, it is crap when the plan changes . I had chemo before my mastectomy. I agree with Karen time to shop take care sending you a hug xx

• maryroset1
    maryroset1 Member Posts: 240
    edited March 2016

Its a bummer when life takes an unexpected turn. You will get through it though if you take it one step at a time.

Sounds like a great excuse to go shopping!

Maryrose 

• ScorpionQueen
    ScorpionQueen Member Posts: 768
    edited March 2016

Glad they took two biopsies, glad they are getting in to it ASAP!

Wishing you all the best through chemo Donna...and you can reward yourself with a new wardrobe later!

Love and light 

Xx

• Christel
    Christel Member Posts: 27
    edited March 2016

Hi Donna, we are on the same route. My chemo starts next week. Bummer about the clothes, I too just cleansed of all those I thought I would never squeeze back into! But could now be a possibility. Shopping therapy is good for us isn't it? Not sure if it's good for my bank account!

good luck, sending you hugs. Keep in touch xx

• InkPetal
    InkPetal Member Posts: 499
    edited March 2016

Oh. BLARG. Doesn't this stuff just throw you for a loop the minute you think you're on top of it!

Happy that was caught. Loving your positivity. xo

• donnafischer
    donnafischer Dragonfly Posts: 144
    edited March 2016

Thanks Ladies, Just wishing I'd get that phonecall from the oncology clinic for the appointment. I want to get this started yesterday! It seems its taking forever!  Hopefully tomorrow. If I dont hear from them mid arvo I'll give them a call.

• primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    edited March 2016

Oh bugger on the biopsy but good chemo is starting soon. Good the scans were clear. Kath 

• lrb_03
    lrb_03 Member Posts: 1,267
    edited March 2016

Poop. At least they did the 2 biopsies & caught it. 

I had chemo before any other treatment. It means they can assess how your tumour is responding to chemo. Other treatment after chemo will seem like a walk in the park. 

Take care, Lyn