look good feel better program etc etc ...:)

joadavis
joadavis Member Posts: 28
edited September 2016 in Community news and events

To those who have no hair or will be loosing hair.... please go to the Look good feel better program! I went yesterday and it is fantastic! Though the video they put on before hand made a few of us cry :( but it is well worth getting out of the comfort of your bed- putting some clothes on- slowly getting in ur cars- hobbling to the room where you have bookt it as by the end of it you are laughing, hugging, and all made up from the free makeup!!!! dont you love FREE stuff haha and all with a friend by your side which you can take :)

I took heaps of photos, and I really think the pink wig look fabulous on me haha!

But AGAIN I was the youngest there! aaarrr but it was great to chat to people who are going thu the same thing as me. Only is this room can you get away with the question.."are you constitpated?" haha room full of bald heads was amusing as well...we all were shy at the start but once one person took a beanie off we all followed suit. I had such a great time and then tonight going to a "breast friends" dinner support group (my first one) slightly nervous though! wish me luck :) But atleast I have the support of my beautiful fiance going with me.

take care all xoxoox

Comments

• joadavis
    joadavis Member Posts: 28
    edited March 2015

hi jo jo,'

No worries! it seriously is a good morning and everyone is in the same boat :)

The loss of ur hair will be gradual, i know mine started at the back of the neck but I shaved mine off as soon as it started coming out as it was upsetting me pulling it out bc I had long hair. its strange But now I feel so much more freeer without any hair :) I save time in the morning haha and it will grow back...but its only natural that u get upset. but be sure u will feel better about it :)

take care xoxox

• Emma T
    Emma T Member Posts: 42
    edited March 2015

Hi Jo,

Thank you so much for recommending the program.  I was considering going but now I will definitely go along.  I came out of hospital yesterday after having my 2nd operation (to remove lymph nodes).  It has been just 4 weeks since my diagnosis and so much has happened.  

I understand I will be commencing chemo in a few weeks time and I was interested in attending one of the Look Good, Feel Better workshops.  

Thanks so much for the feedback!

Em

x

• Emma T
    Emma T Member Posts: 42
    edited March 2015

Hi Jo,

Thank you so much for recommending the program.  I was considering going but now I will definitely go along.  I came out of hospital yesterday after having my 2nd operation (to remove lymph nodes).  It has been just 4 weeks since my diagnosis and so much has happened.  

I understand I will be commencing chemo in a few weeks time and I was interested in attending one of the Look Good, Feel Better workshops.  

Thanks so much for the feedback!

Em

x

• melp27
    melp27 Member Posts: 83
    edited March 2015

thanks for the info jo! i will look into that for myself i reckon.