Grandbabies make it better!

donnafischer
donnafischer Dragonfly Posts: 144
edited September 2016 in Day to day

Well despite a bloody sticky hot humid yukky weekend, we gathered at my sister in laws place for Mum in laws 78th birthday morning tea this morning. As luck would have it, all bar 1 of her great grandbabies were able to bring their parents along as well. Two of them were my beautiful new grandbabies, Lilly 14 weeks and James 6 weeks. It was a very surreal experience to see my now grown son and nephew who played together as littlies, with their babies in their arms. Talk about a leap back in time.

Despite sticky heat, cranky and teething babies, we got some photos for mum in law to treasure and show off to her church ladies lol. A bit of photo editing made them look more special so its off to officeworks to print them off for her.

Then we arrived home and I noticed a big gift bag at my front door. Thinking it was a belated baby gift for one of my kids, I was surprised to see it addressed to me.

Well, how to make a girl cry happy and grateful tears. Inside was a beautiful card from an old friend that basically says I inspire her. The gift was a lovely cushion with my gorgeous grandbabies on it. Its my very own special cuddle pillow to cheer me up when the road gets tough.

I had never expected to receive such a thoughtful gift. I have beautiful friends who are going through their own crappy moments and for one of them to take the time out to do something like that for me... well there were no words to express the moment, except to say that it made my day.

Here's my beautiful cushion and a couple of photos of my gorgeous grandbabies. Cant upload grand daughter photo. Will try and get that into the comments xxx

Tagged:

Comments

• rowdy
    rowdy Member Posts: 1,165
    edited January 2016

Hi Donna what a lovely gift, I don't have any grand children yet but I spent my afternoon at a  2  and 5 year olds birthday. The parents of these kids grew up with my own children and are very special. How time flies  Enjoy your special gift xx

• donnafischer
    edited January 2016

• donnafischer
    edited January 2016

Miss Lilly and her Connies! LOL

• donnafischer
    edited January 2016

That must have been so lovely Rowdy :)