Introduction...

Kylie S
Kylie S Member Posts: 9
edited October 2016 in Newly diagnosed

hi there,

Thought I'd say hi and introduce myself. I am 30 years old and have a 7 year old daughter. I was diagnosed on 27/11/2015. It all still feels very surreal and overwhelming. Doctors think I have Inflamatory Breast Cancer so are treating me for this diagnosis. My treatment plan is 6 rounds of chemo, surgery and then radiation. I meet with the oncologist in the next few days to learn more. I'm still trying to get my head around all the jargon, medical terms and medication names! I'm hoping I can find some support and answers to some of my questions here.

Kylie 

Comments

• Robyn W
    Robyn W Member Posts: 1,932
    edited November 2015

Hello Kylie,and welcome to the online network:) You will get all the support and advice that you need here.This network is amazing,so any questions that you have,just post them on here.It is so difficult in the early days,but as time goes on,you will find that you begin to feel more in control.I have a friend here in Sydney who was diagnosed with IBC almost 3 years ago now.She is doing well,and is completely recovered.This blog can be a little quite on the weekend,but be patient,you will definitely get replies during the week!! Cheers Robyn xox

• Alsopt
    Alsopt Member Posts: 225
    edited November 2015

Hi Kylie yes it's very overwhelming welcome to the group you will find lots of advice and understanding on here xxx one step at a time seems to work best for me have some questions ready and write down the answers at appointment s so you can get your head around it diagnosis certainly comes with so many emotions xx

• Kylie S
    edited November 2015

Thanks Robyn!

• Kylie S
    edited November 2015

Thanks!

• Jennybutter
    Jennybutter Member Posts: 156
    edited November 2015

Hi Kylie,

Welcome to this awesome network. It is very difficult early days to take everything  in, as I have learnt and all of the lovely pink sisters on here will tell you it is best to take it appointment at a time, you will know how much you can take in. We are all here to help you at anytime and you are never alone. For me this is a major support network and you will find answers to most of your questions and it is also uplifting to read other blogs too. 

Take care lots of hugs xx

Cheers Jen ?? ?? ?? 

• Kylie S
    edited November 2015

Thanks

• Vietjennie
    Vietjennie Member Posts: 15
    edited November 2015

Hi Kylie,

My BC is very different to yours, so I can't offer much advice about what journey lays ahead for you, but this online network is amazing. I learn so much from all of the girls here.  It's all a bit overwhelming at the appointments but there's lots of questions that get answered in this forum. I hope you get in touch with some ladies who have travelled down the path you are about to embark upon. It would be a lonely journey without these women. 

Good luck with your next appointments. I have only ever found great medical professionals on my journey and medical science is really kicking BC in the arse. It's really awesome how far we've come. Stay strong.

Jennie

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Orbost, VictoriaPosts: 0
    edited November 2015

Hi Kylie, welcome to the network, I hope that your linking in here will be of support along the way. You'll find lots of awesome, brave and supportive people here, who give really great advice along the way. Wishing you a smooth transition through your chemo, we all have our treatment in different order and regimes depending on our individual circumstances. I had surgery, chemo then radiotherapy. Keep checking in with us, you're part of a family now. Sending you a big cuddle, Trace ????????

• Ejray
    Ejray Member Posts: 2
    Hi I was wondering if there is anyone else with an inflammatory breast cancer diagnosis and treatment in the last 24 months or so?