Day 7 after 3rd Chemo-half way to where???

Maria333
Maria333 Member Posts: 191
edited September 2016 in Community news and events

Day 7 after third chemo, looking back I am emotional again. Slept almost all weekend, well on and off. Just when I thought I knew what was going on my meds will be changed for the next three cycles. So goodbye FEC100 thanks for what (hmm). Yeah whatever you did to kill this tumour. Hello taxotere for next cycle.

My oncologist likened it to a boxing match, constantly being punched by the left hand, the tumour knows what to expect, so lets change strategy and change to right punch.

I have heard the 'Half way there - living on a prayer' song from Bon Jovi. Many people have used it as their half way thru. chemo song. But I am not living on  a prayer. I am fighting to find my new path in life, using all my emotions and strength. Life will not be the same as it was, that is not what this journey is about. I haven't quite worked it out yet. But belive me I will share it with all of you as soon as i get it.

My thoughts and emotions are scatty today. Considering my body is filled with chemicals and toxins I have a pretty good excuse. Tomorrow my friend is taking me to the 'Look Good Feel Well' workshop.

For the first time ever, I am not looking forward to school holidays and sharing time with the children, well certainly not for a whole two weeks. I just find their abundant energy so draining. So hubby will take the second week off and keep them entertained. As that is when I start my taxotere so I have no idea how I will come out of that. Oh unless there is a change of plan and i have surgery to remove the tumour that week instead of at the end of chemo.

Oh well thats it for me ladies, feeling nauseas got to go eat something.

Comments

• TonyaM
    TonyaM Member Posts: 2,835
    edited March 2015

FEC might be like a boxing match but Taxotere is like a mack truck and by day 4 you feel like road kill.But you are half way and that means you are on top looking at the downward ride.I don't know how women endure all these treatments-we must be pretty tough.I don't think I believe in that saying"what doesn't kill you makes you stronger"-more like what doesn't kill you almost does! Good luck for the school holidays.

Tonya xx

• TonyaM
    edited March 2015

FEC might be like a boxing match but Taxotere is like a mack truck and by day 4 you feel like road kill.But you are half way and that means you are on top looking at the downward ride.I don't know how women endure all these treatments-we must be pretty tough.I don't think I believe in that saying"what doesn't kill you makes you stronger"-more like what doesn't kill you almost does! Good luck for the school holidays.

Tonya xx

• TonyaM
    edited March 2015

Tonya xx

• jenniferp
    jenniferp Member Posts: 7
    edited March 2015

I can thoroughly recommend the Looking Good Feeling Better program. I attended one when I was half way through my chemo program. It was wonderful to be able to have fun and laugh with ladies who understood completely what you have been going through. I think that it should be mandatory for every woman going through chemo. It shows you that you can be as beautiful as you want to be while undergoing treatment.  Every woman has a different cancer/chemo experience but I was lucky in that I seemed to have minimal side effects to the FEC. I did have some muscle spasms and pain with the taxotere but that only lasted for a day or so and then I was feeling better. Best wishes for next few weeks.

• Maria333
    edited March 2015

OMG Tonya,

I need to get me some kickass steel capped workboots and a hot pink hard hat.

I kind of freaked out when I read your reply, but it seems my sense of humour has returned.

Great big hug to you. XOX

• Maria333
    edited March 2015

Thanks jenniferp,

I did go to he Look Good Feel Better workshop and yes had a fabulous time.

Laughed and laughed what a great group of ladies. So much support and guidance from the volunteers.

Learnt a few secrets on how to help make me look good on the outside and it trickles into the inside soI did feel better.

Cheers, Maria333

• jenniferp
    edited March 2015

Great! REmember, it's every day at a time. Look for the good and the beautiful while on this journey.

Cheers JenniferP

• jenniferp
    edited March 2015

Great! REmember, it's every day at a time. Look for the good and the beautiful while on this journey.

Cheers JenniferP

• Ann-Marie AK
    Ann-Marie AK Member Posts: 166
    edited March 2015

Hi Maria

How are you doing now?  I wasn't really looking forward to school holidays this time either as I have my 1st Taxotere tomorrow.  I'm a little nervous as I don't know what the weeks ahead will be like.  My girls are going to stay with their cousins in Warrnambool (country Vic) for 4 days this week so that will be a great help to us.  Next week I will have to call in plenty on favours from friends and family to keep them occupied.

As for your fight to find your new path in life - I have similar feelings so am looking forward to hear from you when you work out your path.  I don't want to go back to the way things were before all of this, life was often too hectic and stressful.  I also believe that this crappy time has happened for a reason, it's a message to me to make changes for the better so I can live a long and joyful life with my beautiful family.  I have spent a lot of time reflecting on things I want to cut back on and how I can 'de-clutter' my life but I have not yet worked out where to start and what to do then.  I feel like I am constantly searching but I don't know what I'm looking for.  

I guess we have to keep smiling, stay positive and our answers will come.

Will let you know how I go tomorrow.

Lots of love and positive energy

Ann-Marie xx

• Ann-Marie AK
    Ann-Marie AK Member Posts: 166
    edited March 2015

Hi Maria

How are you doing now?  I wasn't really looking forward to school holidays this time either as I have my 1st Taxotere tomorrow.  I'm a little nervous as I don't know what the weeks ahead will be like.  My girls are going to stay with their cousins in Warrnambool (country Vic) for 4 days this week so that will be a great help to us.  Next week I will have to call in plenty on favours from friends and family to keep them occupied.

As for your fight to find your new path in life - I have similar feelings so am looking forward to hear from you when you work out your path.  I don't want to go back to the way things were before all of this, life was often too hectic and stressful.  I also believe that this crappy time has happened for a reason, it's a message to me to make changes for the better so I can live a long and joyful life with my beautiful family.  I have spent a lot of time reflecting on things I want to cut back on and how I can 'de-clutter' my life but I have not yet worked out where to start and what to do then.  I feel like I am constantly searching but I don't know what I'm looking for.  

I guess we have to keep smiling, stay positive and our answers will come.

Will let you know how I go tomorrow.

Lots of love and positive energy

Ann-Marie xx