Breast cancer second time around

oztealady
oztealady Member Posts: 12
edited November 2016 in Newly diagnosed

Hi, after 15 years I have been diagnosed with breast cancer again.

Same breast, new aggressive cancer.

Very concerned.

Tagged:

Comments

• shereejoy
    shereejoy Member Posts: 120
    edited March 2015

I am so sorry to hear that... Have you had surgery yet?  What type of cancer is it?  big hugs to you xo

• hippyviv
    hippyviv Member Posts: 64
    edited March 2015

Hi Viv here. I am very sorry to hear that. I hope things work out well for you. What stage are you at this time around? Try not to let things get you down too much. 15 yrs is a long time and treatments have changed a lot. I think you may find this time around things may be a bit easier for you. I truly hope this is the case for you. All my best thoughts are with you. Please stay on the site and let us know how things are going for you and we will give you all the support this site offers. I have found it tremendously helpful. Regards Viv

• louiseg
    louiseg Member Posts: 412
    edited March 2015

So sad to hear that you have been dianosed again after so long!  It is bad enough to have to go through it once, let alone twice (I know I was shocked when I was diagnosed last year for a second time after 7 years).

Try not to be too worried until you know what you are dealing with....I know it is very hard if you are waiting for the results of tests etc but once you have a "game plan" everything flows so much better and you can focus on what you need to do.

Keep in touch and let us know how you are going.  We are all here to lend an ear and some advice if you need it

Take care,

Louise x

• louiseg
    louiseg Member Posts: 412
    edited March 2015

So sad to hear that you have been dianosed again after so long!  It is bad enough to have to go through it once, let alone twice (I know I was shocked when I was diagnosed last year for a second time after 7 years).

Try not to be too worried until you know what you are dealing with....I know it is very hard if you are waiting for the results of tests etc but once you have a "game plan" everything flows so much better and you can focus on what you need to do.

Keep in touch and let us know how you are going.  We are all here to lend an ear and some advice if you need it

Take care,

Louise x

• oztealady
    edited March 2015

Thanks for all the good wishes. I've had my masteconomy and feel a little better. Preliminary pathology results are in and there is good and bad news. The mammary gland sentinol node appears to be clear of cancer. The cancer itself was over 21mm in size and a grade 3. So I'm told I should have chemo.

All the bills are arriving daily in the post. I cannot believe the out of pocket costs. So much for private health insurance.

Receiving lots of support from family and friends. They are my strength.

• oztealady
    edited March 2015

Thanks for all the good wishes. I've had my masteconomy and feel a little better. Preliminary pathology results are in and there is good and bad news. The mammary gland sentinol node appears to be clear of cancer. The cancer itself was over 21mm in size and a grade 3. So I'm told I should have chemo.

All the bills are arriving daily in the post. I cannot believe the out of pocket costs. So much for private health insurance.

Receiving lots of support from family and friends. They are my strength.

• shereejoy
    shereejoy Member Posts: 120
    edited March 2015

I was so lucky my surgeon didn't charge a gap, so she charged medicare and MBF for it all..... not many do that, but I was ever so grateful! 

Yay it wasn't in the nodes.... I wasn't so lucky and my tumour was larger too :( 

GL with your treatment