Why not join the Living with metastatic private group? Access group via the link here.

Brain tumour

Sarah54
Sarah54 Member Posts: 164
edited September 2016 in Metastatic breast cancer

Hello Pink family,

Feb 10th I'm having brain surgery. Shit scared but will of course pitch up.

They wanted it next week but one of my daughters is getting married on 31 Jan which is pretty special, then honeymoon and granddaughter needs to be with me. I feel lucky dates are fitting in. The larger it grows the better to remove so I am told. Two weeks is nothing in the great scheme of things.

Please think about me on Feb 10th. I WILL BE BACK.

Love Sarah54

Comments

• Polly Rose
    Polly Rose Member Posts: 67
    edited March 2015
    Hi Sarah54.

I have been reading your post for a while now ( since my diagnosis in Aug 2014) and have always found them refreshingly honest and often very motivating so firstly thanks for that.
    So much of your journey seemed familiar and I think that's why it hit a chord with me. I'm currently undergoing neoadjuvant chemo (stage 3 grade 3 node positive etc) and after 6 very long months I only have 1 round left before surgery and radio YAY. But more importantly, I also have a daughter getting married this year and I really understand how important that is as a focus and a reason to celebrate. When I was first diagnosed all I could think about was how long will my hair be by the wedding as I had longer hair and wanted it put up. I was also worrying about whether I would have had reconstruction by then and would I look "normal" and be able to wear normal clothes. I soon realised that none of this is nearly as important as the fact that I will be here to see my gorgeous eldest child marry her lovely man. They are only 23 but make a wonderful couple and I'm so happy that I will be part of their big day.
    I can imagine that you will have so many mixed feelings for the weekend ahead, but try to focus on the positive ones. You will be a part of one of the most important days in your daughters life and that is an amazing experience.
    I hope that the 31st is a beautiful day of good weather, good food ( no cooking yay ) and good company. More importantly I hope it provides you with loads of fun, happiness and positive memories to help keep you strong for the next part of your journey.

I will be thinking of you on the 31st but also on the 10th.

Polly rose

I'm often online throughout the night too so feel free to message me to check if you would like to chat.
  • Polly Rose
    Polly Rose Member Posts: 67
    edited March 2015
    Hi Sarah54.

I have been reading your post for a while now ( since my diagnosis in Aug 2014) and have always found them refreshingly honest and often very motivating so firstly thanks for that.
    So much of your journey seemed familiar and I think that's why it hit a chord with me. I'm currently undergoing neoadjuvant chemo (stage 3 grade 3 node positive etc) and after 6 very long months I only have 1 round left before surgery and radio YAY. But more importantly, I also have a daughter getting married this year and I really understand how important that is as a focus and a reason to celebrate. When I was first diagnosed all I could think about was how long will my hair be by the wedding as I had longer hair and wanted it put up. I was also worrying about whether I would have had reconstruction by then and would I look "normal" and be able to wear normal clothes. I soon realised that none of this is nearly as important as the fact that I will be here to see my gorgeous eldest child marry her lovely man. They are only 23 but make a wonderful couple and I'm so happy that I will be part of their big day.
    I can imagine that you will have so many mixed feelings for the weekend ahead, but try to focus on the positive ones. You will be a part of one of the most important days in your daughters life and that is an amazing experience.
    I hope that the 31st is a beautiful day of good weather, good food ( no cooking yay ) and good company. More importantly I hope it provides you with loads of fun, happiness and positive memories to help keep you strong for the next part of your journey.

I will be thinking of you on the 31st but also on the 10th.

Polly rose

I'm often online throughout the night too so feel free to message me to check if you would like to chat.
  • rowdy
    rowdy Member Posts: 1,165
    edited March 2015

Hi Saah enjoy the day it is such a special time for you and your daughter.

Hoping the weather is good but you know what it dosen't matter as long as you are there to enjoy. Take lots of pictures of the day so when you go for surgery you can have that day with you again. I know it sounds corny, but I always take photos and little things to hospital to remind me of what I'm fighting for.

Sending you hugs xx

• Sarah54
    edited March 2015

My forehead will be removed Yuk that was enough info on that one! I am then having whole brain radiation so bang goes the locks that are left from surgery.

Bring on Easter and LOTS OF CHOCALATE

Have a good day Pink Ladies

• Sarah54
    edited March 2015

My forehead will be removed Yuk that was enough info on that one! I am then having whole brain radiation so bang goes the locks that are left from surgery.

Bring on Easter and LOTS OF CHOCALATE

Have a good day Pink Ladies

• Hazel M
    Hazel M Member Posts: 708
    edited March 2015

I hope the 31st is a wonderful day and I will think of you on the 10th, big big hugs to you,

Hazel xx

• Daina_BCNA
    Daina_BCNA Member Posts: 796
    edited March 2015

Hi Sarah,

Thinking about you and sending you are hug for some extra strength and a quick recovery :)

• Daina_BCNA
    Daina_BCNA Member Posts: 796
    edited March 2015

Hi Sarah,

Thinking about you and sending you are hug for some extra strength and a quick recovery :)

• FleurC
    FleurC Member Posts: 5
    edited March 2015

Are you having the gamma-knife radiotherapy surgery, or conventional surgery?  I hope it all goes well.